Author Topic: Nipple advise ???  (Read 782 times)

Matt Brighton

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Nipple advise ???
« on: 09 November, 2019, 08:36:25 »
 :)

I have a lovely  1962 RGS Replica ...and would like to grease up all the grease  service points,  but my standard Wanner grease gun won't work -

The grease nipples look very different to those on my  car (from the 1960's - Mini cooper S  :)) - is there a special attachment or technique to employ please ?

Thanks

Matt

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Nipple advise ???
« Reply #1 on: 09 November, 2019, 09:52:56 »
Hi Matt,
           This may answer your question:

https://www.bsaownersclub.co.uk/bsaoc_forum/index.php?topic=6557.0

Best wishes...

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09 November, 2019, 14:11:25 »
Bess (on the link) very kindly sent a photo of a grease gun. But I never did find one on ebay that looked quite the same. I guess the sure way is to get a reference number from someone who knows that gun fits.  Phil.

Matt Brighton

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November, 2019, 12:02:13 »
Thanks both for the response

Best

Matt (Brighton, E Sussex)

ChrisG

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 November, 2019, 15:15:40 »
I saw a box full of those pump style grease guns at Ardingly two weeks ago. Try the next Kempton jumble, bound to be one there.

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 November, 2019, 15:27:25 »
I don't know much, but it seems to me there are a number of different pump-style guns. I guess some fit the nipples we're talking about, and others maybe don't. I've seen some online which are old, pump-style, but the end which the grease comes out of doesn't look like the one on the photo which Bess posted. As I say, if someone knew a certain gun does fit the brake grease nipples, eg on my 1965 B40F (apologies, I know this is the twins section of the forum, but there has been a duplication in that the matter has been discussed on the singles section as well) and was able to give the serial number of it (should be stamped on the gun?) then it might be possible to buy with confidence, either at an autojumble or online.

Anybody?

Phil.

Matt Brighton

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 November, 2019, 22:01:17 »
Thanks

I was at Ardingly recently  too and saw that box of grease guns and ought to have bought one just to try.

I cant imagine BSA would have used different grease nipples across the range ?

A local mate also runs a RGS and the chaps at the East Sussex BSA OC are a friendly helpful bunch so I will enquire of them and post here if I can share any useful info

Best

Matt