Author Topic: V5 Registration  (Read 213 times)

BeenyBoy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
V5 Registration
« on: 16 September, 2019, 21:11:57 »
Hi

I'm sure this has been asked before but I can't find a post on it....A little advice please....I've just acquired a new project which has been off the road for some time and is not on a SORN as there is no V5 document; I only have the old original (green) log book- so essentially it is not registered with DVLA.

Trawling through the DVLA web site is (to me anyway) a little confusing ...I wonder could someone give me an idiots guide to obtaining the V5

cheers
B31-C11G-B175-Matchless G2csr

TTJOHN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: V5 Registration
« Reply #1 on: 16 September, 2019, 22:35:21 »
Hello BeenyBoy.

You will need to get a V62 form which can be downloaded from the internet, or got from a PO, fill it in with all the relevant details and send it in to DVLA I think they will want 25 to get a new log book but you should be able to retain the original registration number if you ask them nicely. One good tip is to ring DVLA and talk with someone, explain the situation, they are usually very helpful.

Good luck, Regards TTJohn

BeenyBoy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September, 2019, 09:40:39 »
Thanks John.. that sounds a lot more straightforward than it appears on the DVLA site- there is talk of sending forms to the owners club and other shenanigans...

Nice one- Thanks mate

BEEZABRYAN

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September, 2019, 10:26:25 »
No V5
Not on DVLA database
Please look carefully at Section A on V62
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/781426/v62-application-for-a-registration-certificate.pdf

Therefore V62 is not applicable.

Steve Foden's schematic is all you need to know and do to get the machine properly registered

https://www.bsaownersclub.co.uk/machine.html

B Murphy

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 September, 2019, 12:05:16 »
Yes, I registered mine with the help of Steve Foden. Very easy and straightforward process.

BeenyBoy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September, 2019, 09:01:59 »
 Well...I had a nice chat with a really helpful lady at DVLA and talked it through...basically she said just send the old log book plus the V62 plus a V890 (SORN) and 25 and we'll sort it; I asked if photos were required and she said that if they were needed we'll ask....So we'll wait and see

thanks for your help guys

regards

TTJOHN

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September, 2019, 09:08:39 »
Yes, I registered mine with the help of Steve Foden. Very easy and straightforward process.

Sorry Beeny Boy, I just re read your post, I thought you had a log book with the registration but I now see you only have a green log book, you could still have a chat with someone in DVLA who will guide you but like Bryan said you should get a dating cert from Steve Foden or Julian Snook, they are the ones that have all the history of a machine, from the time it left the factory to where it was dispatched to.

Regards TTJohn

BeenyBoy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 18 September, 2019, 17:18:12 »
Thanks mate- will do

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 18 September, 2019, 22:43:41 »
Unless the bike is on the DVLA data base then an application to retain an original registration will need to follow the V765 procedure or they will reject it.

Follow the link for DVLA policy;

https://www.gov.uk/vehicle-registration/old-vehicles

Mel

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 September, 2019, 00:35:03 »
For my two A65's I had the blue type V5's as they had not been on the road prior to 1990.
At the time, I was informed they would update and send me new red V5's in due course as they were "on the system".
Despite 3 phone calls over a couple of years and being told each time they would come in due course, they never arrived.

So, 18 months ago, I needed to make changes to my details so sent the old style blue V5's off with detailed changes.
I then get told that to update to the new red EU type V5's, they required;
Photographs of the bikes with the registration numbers and photos of the frame numbers.
Well, I couldn't find the reg plate for the Spitfire that I raced in 1972 so had to leave it a week or more but eventually found it, e-mailed the photos and other documents and now have the new V5's at last.

So much for it being straightforward!
Mel

BeenyBoy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 September, 2019, 20:54:06 »
Following what Julian has said and checking the DVLA website now seems to make a lot of sense and fits in with what I require....having said that I've already done what the nice lady I spoke to at DVLA said I should do and sent the stuff off to them....which I now suspect is going to be a waste of time....however lets just wait and see......