Author Topic: What to ride ?  (Read 77 times)

griffo

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
What to ride ?
« on: 08 September, 2019, 13:09:55 »
  Going out for a ride today and the choice is hard.. Is it the '39 C10 , '46 C11, '57 C12, C15T (frame 101), Gollner Bantam, D13 or '62 A50 ? Ended up on a '56  B33 , such hard times with difficult decisions...    Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

berniej

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: What to ride ?
« Reply #1 on: 08 September, 2019, 14:40:28 »
Tough one Griff!

Well, I chose my D10 as I needed it in another place ready to put on my motorhome for an upcoming trip.
Battery was flat as the light switch must have been knocked on last time I put the cover on.

So I went off in the 'E' position and after a while, on a long straight, switched to 'I' to charge the battery.

All was fine until I had to slow and the engine died. Switched back to 'E' before I stopped and it fired up again but so did the fuel in the exhaust pipe and, with a loud bang, the end cap and baffles disappeared behind me! Managed to go back and recover but the surprising thing was that the bike was a lot more lively without it - a lot more noisy too!!

Reminded me of mis-spent youth  ;D

Cheers,
Bernie
'49 M21/B31 hybrid
'56 M21 combination
Bantam D7
C15 project
B40 Super Star
A50CC project

chaz

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: What to ride ?
« Reply #2 on: 14 September, 2019, 20:23:14 »
Tough one Griff!

Well, I chose my D10 as I needed it in another place ready to put on my motorhome for an upcoming trip.
Battery was flat as the light switch must have been knocked on last time I put the cover on.

So I went off in the 'E' position and after a while, on a long straight, switched to 'I' to charge the battery.

All was fine until I had to slow and the engine died. Switched back to 'E' before I stopped and it fired up again but so did the fuel in the exhaust pipe and, with a loud bang, the end cap and baffles disappeared behind me! Managed to go back and recover but the surprising thing was that the bike was a lot more lively without it - a lot more noisy too!!

Reminded me of mis-spent youth  ;D

Cheers,
Bernie

will be faster as no back pressure and stifling , hence superbikes and cars having bigger performance exhausts BUT, would also need open carb as exhaust out quicker then needs fuel in quicker. watch out for too much noise as the speed police are now converting speed cameras to noise cameras.

remember the early days and mopeds running without air filters or air box covers. noisy