Author Topic: OIF Oil light. A65  (Read 504 times)

A10 JWO

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
OIF Oil light. A65
« on: 18 August, 2019, 17:04:23 »
Gave my recent rebuild a good run yesterday and had a very good oil return in the tank. A couple of times when I stopped at a junction the oil pressure light came on until I increased the revs a bit.
I put cheap 20-50 Classic oil in the tank as I plan to change the oil after a few hundred miles. I have read on here recently about the oil light doing this, apparently not a problem; can anyone confirm.
No one likes warning lights : (  :-\

ChrisG

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: OIF Oil light. A65
« Reply #1 on: 18 August, 2019, 20:19:10 »
First of all, the only rime to start worrying is when the light comes on whilst you are under load.
Mine came on on tickover for years, until I fitted the correct oil pressure switch! It needs to be a 'down to 5psi before it kicks in' type. There are many different types which kick in at various psi ratings. For instance, a Triumph twin one is set to kick in at 8-10 psi.
Take the switch to a motor factor and ask him to supply one the same shape and thread with a 5 psi rating.
There were other problems that contributed to the problem, which I solved first so if the problem doesn't go away with a new switch then let us know.
Does your bike have the Devimead/SRM bearing conversion?
Chris

A10 JWO

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: OIF Oil light. A65
« Reply #2 on: 20 August, 2019, 17:11:03 »
Hi Chris and thanks. All bog standard, the bike had such low mileage I just rebuilt it with a new sludge trap, ends, mains and rings. Lovely return to the oil tank.