Author Topic: Front number plates for valanced guards  (Read 161 times)

Greybeard

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Front number plates for valanced guards
« on: 12 August, 2019, 18:38:51 »
Hello, folks.
I'm currently restoring a Panther 650 and looking for some suitable front number plates to suit the smaller radius of the sides of the front mudguards. Whilst not a BSA, Panther did use the same pressings that BSA did for the earlier Golden Flash guards.
Ive contacted the usual suppliers explaining what's needed and the given the radius of curvature but I seem to be getting hold of staff who don't properly read emails  :-\ All I'm getting are pointers to their standard front number plates.
I could simply use transfer lettering but I prefer the look of a nicely produced pressed ali plate.
Can anyone recommend a supplier?

Thanks. Steve
Steve from East Yorkshire - Not the Greybeard of the A7/A10 forum who was not actually registered on this one when I signed up ;-)

RICHARD MILLS

• Blue Star
  • B33
    • View Profile
Re: Front number plates for valanced guards
« Reply #1 on: 13 August, 2019, 16:19:39 »
Bought some from www.tippersvintageplates.co.uk for the valanced front mudguard on my 1959 B33 (19" wheel). Don't know if they have the correct curvature for you, but have found the chap there very helpful when I have phoned. Have bought 3 sets of plates over the years because they have always been good quality, and required documents can be emailed to them so quite convenient.

A10 JWO

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 August, 2019, 16:52:10 »
Had three sets from Tippers, spot on "Old School Service". They are in Devon or Cornwall. Not the one in Rochford Essex.

Greybeard

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 August, 2019, 17:39:05 »
Thanks, chaps. I shall give them a ring. The Panther guards are the same profile as those on a B33, Richard.

Cheers. Steve
Steve from East Yorkshire - Not the Greybeard of the A7/A10 forum who was not actually registered on this one when I signed up ;-)