Author Topic: International rally Morton in the Marsh  (Read 1598 times)

TTJOHN

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
International rally Morton in the Marsh
« on: 04 June, 2019, 09:09:44 »
I am still very unsure about the international rally this year, I do not understand why there is so much secrecy about the activities and entertainment, is it that the organisers are just playing it by ear and don't know themselves what is happening? we have tried to make sense of it at the general meetings but to no avail, also as to who is  actually organising the event,  I know from experience, that it is a difficult to get things correct, to suit everyone but to make this a success we do need to work together and that means bringing things out into the open, letting members know what is happening ie, what events are taking place what groups or bands, if any are going to be playing, if any.
If you need help, ASK, this could be a success or a failure it is dependant on the organisers.

Kind regards TTJohn

BEEZABRYAN

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: International rally Morton in the Marsh
« Reply #1 on: 04 June, 2019, 11:57:06 »
With just two months to the event maybe we should just let the folks who are doing things get on with it in peace.

kelvinm21

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 June, 2019, 14:01:31 »
I agree with you Bezzabryan I say pay up turn up and enjoy it. The members attending the rally will make sure it is a great success.
     Just my twopenneth

Kekvin

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 June, 2019, 17:38:36 »
Well said John. We are, after all members, not customers.
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

ChrisG

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 17 June, 2019, 13:07:17 »
Forgive me, but I can't see what all the fuss is about.

The Rally programme, which details each days events, is posted on page 16 of the March edition of The Star. The entry form lists all the events such as the trip to the Black Country Museum and the ride-outs to the Triumph factory etc. with the relevant costs.
There is an Open Day on the Sunday where family and friends can visit to see that all the inmates are being fed, watered and toileted so what more do we need to know?

If we liken this to a Saga package holiday, I've never seen one that goes into the minute detail of what bands are playing in the bar each night (if they did, they would probably put some people off) and what's for dinner on say the Thursday. You just get a list of optional excursions and socials when you get to the Hotel and you take your pick! So why do people need to know such detail about the Rally?

I'm sure all of the rally programme items will have been fully organised, booked and will happen and I'm doubly sure everyone who participates will have a fabulous time there!
Chris

BEEZABRYAN

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 17 June, 2019, 15:33:08 »
You are forgiven Ed for stating the obvious  :)

roger45

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19 June, 2019, 16:40:19 »
I can`t make it for the whole week unfortunately.Would it be possible to come on Sunday morning and then camp there overnight,leaving Monday morning ?
I`d pay the one night camping fee .
I`m a club member and I`ll be on my BSA.
Roger.

ChrisG

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20 June, 2019, 14:57:54 »
Hi Roger,
Best to contact International Secretary, Andy Lorenz direct by email (address on page 2 of The Star). He is best placed to answer your question re camping overnight.
As the Sunday is an Open Day for friends and relatives there wont be a problem but if camping on the rally site is an issue, I'm sure there will be camp sites close by that will be able to accommodate you.
Chris

roger45

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 June, 2019, 20:12:05 »
Thanks Chris,I`ll contact Andy Lorenz.
As far as I can see,nearby campsites only cater for caravans,not tents.Staying at the the rally site would be great as I can have a few beers with my mates from South Wales !
Roger.