Author Topic: Which BSA do you ride  (Read 58 times)

Wayne

• Star
    • View Profile
Which BSA do you ride
« on: 16 June, 2018, 08:05:19 »
Hi All,

I ride a 1971 Oil-in-Frame BSA Thunderbolt which I bought from Comerford's in London in January 1973, which was when it was first registered.  I believe it was supposed to be an export model for the American market, but never got there.  The original white,green and grey paint work has been replaced with chrome and black.  Also the front forks which originally had the wire type mudguard was replaced with the more substantial one shown in the photographs.  It has been off the road for the last 12 years due to house renovation work and I have only just begun to ride it again.  This is the first time I've had to use unleaded petrol and put in an additive.  I'm a little concerned as the engine does not seem to run quite as I remember it.  I had electronic ignition fitted in the early 1990's.  I would welcome any advice regarding this problem.

Bess

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: Which BSA do you ride
« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2018, 08:24:06 »
Hi,
     Nice bike. I use premium petrol without additive in mine and set the timing with a strobe light with the pin on the rear hole of the access plate hole.

Best wishes...