Author Topic: Club Services - Dating and Registration  (Read 797 times)

Csx355

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Club Services - Dating and Registration
« on: 15 April, 2019, 19:10:51 »
Hi all - I just wanted to say a huge thank you to the Club and to Julian for help in getting my 1964 B40 from what was essentially a collection of BSA parts to a fully registered BSA with a V5C and age related number.

I bought the bike complete along with another frame, B44 motor and collection of wheels and panels in the belief that it was a 'Barn Find' that had been laid up after having it's original registration sold off as a cherished number and subsequently stored detached from it's replacement registration. Sounded plausible to me. Nothing guaranteed of course but then we are dealing with bikes in excess of half a century old.

As it turned out the motor was a 1961 UK supplied B40 Star that had been fitted to a 1964 USA supplied SS90.

Thanks to the Clubs dating and Verification services and subsequent certificates and accompanying DVLA paper work and advice it was a doddle to get the bike accredited on the NOVA register and use that information to get a V5C that turned up in the post today. I am a very happy bunny.

So I just want to say a H U G E thank you to the club's dating officer and in particular to JulianS for making the whole process easy and painless. I owe you a huge Cornish Beer.  Dead chuffed with that!
BantamS - Work in Progress
B40SS - Finished
B44 Trail - Finished
B44 Road - Nearly Finished

Matt Brighton

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: Club Services - Dating and Registration
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2019, 06:33:34 »
Hi

Thanks for posting your experience.

Im just about to send off for a dating certificate from BSAOC for my RGS  rep.

I have just taken photos of engine and frame numbers to enclose with my dating certificate request  - am I correct its photo OR rubbing - not both ?

Thanks

Matt - Brighton
« Last Edit: 16 April, 2019, 06:49:47 by Matt Brighton »

Csx355

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2019, 07:21:54 »
Hi Matt - there is a procedural flow chart on the homepage of this site which takes you to a downloadable form that starts the process. Print the form out and you won't go wrong. You will need photo's and rubbings.

Initially I compiled an explanatory letter including these and then discovered the form. I figured plenty of people have done this before me so I followed the club form form to the letter and included my original letter which I also used to send to HMRC and DVLA. The club library guys were brilliant and I received my dating certificate and an information pack full of advice very shortly after. This enabled me to apply for the NOVA registration and subsequent V5C.

Bear in mind that this is a service run by volunteers, but I thought that the whole process was quick and painless given that I applied to the club early March - got my Certificates back, sent copies to HMRC, received NOVA confirmation and used that to apply for a V5C with DVLA which arrived yesterday. Fantastic service by all concerned. Some of the form filling might seem onerous but I followed the club advice and had no issue's. Remember I did not even realise that my frame was an import at the start of this.
BantamS - Work in Progress
B40SS - Finished
B44 Trail - Finished
B44 Road - Nearly Finished

Matt Brighton

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16 April, 2019, 08:49:42 »
Thanks CSX55

:)

Matt