Author Topic: T65 petrol tank  (Read 152 times)

philliplye

• Star
    • View Profile
T65 petrol tank
« on: 06 April, 2019, 12:54:18 »
Can anyone show me pics of the tank, particularly the underside of the tank showing the position of the taps?

Mark Chapman

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: T65 petrol tank
« Reply #1 on: 16 April, 2019, 19:56:26 »
This OK?

philliplye

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16 April, 2019, 20:11:02 »
That is a worrying picture indeed! It is an early seventies  breadbox four gallon tank is it?. If so I've got Buckleys chance of finding one and will have to make do with a substitute.
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated

bikerbob

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 April, 2019, 14:59:21 »
That tank is not the standard tank for an A65 it is for a lightning as it has the cut outs for the twin carbs and therefore the petrol taps are further forward the standard tank does not have those cut outs and the petrol taps go where those cut outs are.

philliplye

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 April, 2019, 09:21:00 »
Thanks Bob. The underside of that tank dosen't look like what I expected a four gal OIF tank to look like, in that it shows an eliptical "cutout" for the top end. It also appears curved but then that may be the angle. Anyway I will press on. I get my bike tomorrow with the Triumph 4 gal fixed.

bikerbob

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 April, 2019, 16:14:54 »
You did not say what year your bike is I had assumed that because you showed that image it was a pre oil in the frame model but if it is oil in the frame then it is a totally different tank.

philliplye

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 April, 2019, 23:11:38 »
You are right, I should have given the year and not just the model (T65). The bike is one of those oddities that appeared from time to time in the company's history, in this case, in 1973. Thanks for taking the trouble to respond.