Author Topic: Beagle Piston  (Read 1966 times)

Steven

• Star
    • View Profile
Beagle Piston
« on: 22 March, 2019, 12:54:26 »
Well I am just waiting for the Wheels to come back and another Beagle should be saved from rusting away in someones back yard. What I would like to do is either re ring the piston which is +10 or try and find a +20 and have it re bored.
It runs as it is but is a bit oily. My question is does anyone know if there is an alternative piston or rings or where I might find anything to fit.

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Beagle Piston
« Reply #1 on: 22 March, 2019, 14:42:37 »
I'll go and look through my few Beagle spares. I may be gone a while as I shift a few bikes and a shed load of 'will come in useful one days' to get at the box of bits.
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 March, 2019, 15:53:53 »
Having got distracted by a lightweight tent (its salutary to think I used to fit in that: pre multi-nocturnal trips days),
 I have managed to find some parts.

Good news: I have found an unmarked barrel in vgc and what I think is the piston for it (unused).
Bad news: the oil ring is broken.
Intermediate news: I have found an oil ring but I do not know it if fits (and I am not going to try because I have just remembered the last one got broken :-[)

Steven, you are welcome to pick them up and see if they are any good to you. If so, you owe me a pint.
I am in South Notts.
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

Steven

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 March, 2019, 20:45:17 »
I have PMed you dean

Steven

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 March, 2019, 21:34:20 »
Well started putting engine back together again and the oil pump spring decided to do what springs do and sprung. Never to be seen again despite 2 hours of me and my lad emptying the garage and scrabbling aroud on hands and knees with flood light and magnet.
A cub one is similar so dont know wether to try that or just leave the pump to casing one out as this is what Triumph did on later models.