Author Topic: Which spark plugs to use?? A10  (Read 4600 times)

MARKIE2CUPS

• Star
    • View Profile
Which spark plugs to use?? A10
« on: 01 April, 2017, 20:10:47 »
Hi all, I was wondering what type of spark plugs to use in my 1957 a10 golden flash. My BSA hand book says  L10s but searching on line suggests N4c champion. But also champion L82C which only has a 12.7 reach whereas the others are 19mm. Is the short reach for iron heads? Mine is a alloy head by the way, any help would be appreciated confused lol. The ones that came in the box of bits with the bike were champion n-3  with 19mm reach ( don't know for sure if these were used in it tho )  cheers Mark :-\

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
Re: Which spark plugs to use?? A10
« Reply #1 on: 02 April, 2017, 09:56:36 »
You definately need a long reach plug with the light alloy cylinder head.

The N4C should be OK it was selected for the use with higher comp pistons of the Rockets. If you are on lower comp and the bike is unhappy with the N4C then you could try a slightly hotter plug such as N5C.

There are alternative plugs from different manufacurers - I use long reach  Denso W22ES-U in my A10 alloy head. Other riders prefer NGK.

STAR TWIN

• Royal Star
  • A7 A10 B31 WDB40
    • View Profile
    • Strange Sheep
« Reply #2 on: 02 April, 2017, 17:40:47 »
I Use NGK B7ES in my alloy head A10. Be careful to avoid resistor plugs. Not suitable for magneto ignition. Take a look at the Green Spark Plug Co website - lots of info there.

MARKIE2CUPS

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06 April, 2017, 10:08:23 »
Thanks  for the replies, and now you mention, when it was in bits the pistons are high compression it also has comp valves so guess someone back in the day was a ton up boy lol. Well I've got some experimenting to do many thanks Markie 😂