Author Topic: Pictures  (Read 301 times)

Willie Dee

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Pictures
« on: 17 January, 2020, 19:39:07 »
Does anyone know how I can reduce the file size of a picture on an IPad? Want to post a picture but it is too big. Cheers

DAVE BRADY

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures
« Reply #1 on: 17 January, 2020, 20:30:30 »
I have just had a look on my iPad and cannot see a way to reduce the resolution.  Can you send the file to a mac or pc to reduce it on there? 

Dave.

Willie Dee

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2020, 04:06:38 »
Yeh,I was hoping not to have to do that but it looks like I will have to. Thanks Dave.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 January, 2020, 09:53:19 »
It seems like the ability to resize an image is not available on an ipad iPhone etc. There is an app called Resize Image which is available via the app store. I haven't tried it, so I can't say whether it works or not, but you may wish to have a look. You can find it here https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/image-size/id670766542

Hope this may help.

Rob

Willie Dee

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 January, 2020, 15:21:42 »
Thanks Rob.

Willie Dee

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 January, 2020, 15:51:50 »
I used the email it to the boy for re-sizing method and that worked but I will try the app and see what like, it may help others. Cheers

PIQUET

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 28 January, 2020, 21:10:53 »
When a picture is too big to be accepted it's usually to do with the file size. Reducing the dimensions will usually reduce the file size too but it is possible to keep the dimensions and still reduce the file size.
There are quite a few sites offering to 're-size' your pictures but there is one that can actually target reducing the file size to that specified.
Have a look here

https://picresize.com/

You upload your picture (which means you still have the original). The first option defaults to reducing your picture to 50% of original size, you can accept that or choose another option including keep original size (select - No Change) make any other selections regarding effects, if any are required, and at the last part you can specify the required file size in kilobytes. So, if for instance the upload limit is 1Mb, you would enter anything less than 1024 kilobytes.
Download the modified file with a different name so as to not overwrite the original. The uploaded file is deleted from their system after a few minutes.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: 28 January, 2020, 21:16:46 by PIQUET »
I'm not a complete idiot ............................................ some parts are missing

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 28 January, 2020, 22:49:00 »
If running Windows 10 right click on photo then open with "Paint". Select "resize" and select "percentage" or "pixels".