Author Topic: evening all, returning but never went away  (Read 1252 times)

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
evening all, returning but never went away
« on: 23 February, 2019, 21:46:28 »
Well, having posted two posts, I had better introduce myself. Im Charlie live in Melksham. the garage is home to an A7 bobber project, I was previously a member of the BSAOC when I had an A65 Thunderbolt. as well as working in engineering full time, I have also been running a motorcycle repair shop on my off days.. After an accident on my Ducati. (girl pulled out in front), Im easing up on the modern stuff, concentrating on the older, less complicated machinery. so, Ive just pxed a Suzuki 1200 for a BSA A50 chop. Not to everyones taste but as Ive got a A7 bobber and a Triumph T100 hard tailed chop here is the latest,

elevensies

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: evening all, returning but never went away
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2019, 10:47:17 »
howdee

i saw that bike on ebay, and thought someone has to love it  :o

make a nice bike, whats the plans?

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2019, 00:34:17 »
I will post pictures of my A7 and T100. Both are also customised and due to cost that would arise sourcing correct parts, vokes air box for example, were kept as was. This A50 was a px for a road bike I had that was uncomfortable to ride after the accident on my Ducati. As they will end up show bikes with odd mileage will leave as inheritance for 3 grand kids, one of which has a father paralysed after a bike accident, who won't be allowed to ride.
The plan is , get running, good compression and turns over 🙂 , then strip, tank and rear mudguard paint will probably stay, frame will go black and strip patchy paint from cases. Chrome not bad, fork springs repainted black. It's a result of selling my old thunderbolt SPE94F, re living my early married life...

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28 February, 2019, 08:42:57 »
Hi,
    Not so keen on the yellow, it looks like a wasp, otherwise looks good.

Best wishes...
« Last Edit: 28 February, 2019, 09:14:49 by Bess »

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 March, 2019, 00:46:24 »
Most wasp's I know of have Yamaha SS 650 motors...

Yes, does look that way, the paint job on tank and rear mudguard are American custom jobs properly done so should leave at that

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 August, 2019, 19:17:52 »
its been a while, the Bee has been sat on the ramp at my unit since buying. Ive polished the outside casings, put some old oil in to flush, had the sump plate off all looks ok. found an old battery and checked the wiring, its only on /off and headlights on and off. but battery kept discharging.
this week I managed to find a similar (US original different annotation) battery connected it and put some new fuel in the tank, primed and first kick there was a lot of soot on the ramp, second kick it started.. and kept running.
thats all I wanted to know....

I can now strip the bike down, respray frame and yellow bits but will leave tank and rear mudguard. engine wise seems to be low on compression while kicking but thats a bigger job. will now concentrate on getting the A10 and T100 finished.