Author Topic: BlueStar / sloper etc 4 speed hand change gearbox diagram  (Read 260 times)

mark quinney

• Star
    • View Profile
BlueStar / sloper etc 4 speed hand change gearbox diagram
« on: 11 February, 2019, 16:44:32 »
Hi does anybody know where I can get an exploded diagram of a four speed hand change gearbox as fitted to a 1932 blue star or sloper etc  I believe it is also the same as the early foot change gearbox but with a different outer cover  that the gear lever linkage  fits to . I have a parts list but it doesn't show where the bits  and pieces are meant to go.  First and second gear work as you would expect but I'm having trouble between third and fourth doesn't always engage without a fair bit of force    More often when trying to go back down the box it jams between fourth and third and I have to drop the clutch and bounce the gears . I think it may be an end float problem but not sure so any suggestions would be most welcome regards Mark

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
Re: BlueStar / sloper etc 4 speed hand change gearbox diagram
« Reply #1 on: 11 February, 2019, 17:10:53 »
This is Sloper it might help.
« Last Edit: 11 February, 2019, 17:13:27 by JulianS »

mark quinney

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11 February, 2019, 17:54:10 »
Hi Julian thanks for the sloper information unfortunately It's for a three speed gearbox before they changed them to 4 speed around 1932 , as I do have a 1930 sloper  The information is most useful is there any chance that you have the first part of the article and if so could you post that for me as well please as it's very difficult to get any information for anything pre-war  regards Mark

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11 February, 2019, 18:12:33 »
No problem. I hope it is useful.

mark quinney

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11 February, 2019, 18:37:22 »