Author Topic: D13B carb.  (Read 861 times)

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
D13B carb.
« on: 23 January, 2019, 22:17:34 »
  Recently bought a D13B that is supposed to have been restored and been in a conservatory for 5 years. No reason to doubt most of what I was told . (It was bought before the divorce was done and dusted so a nice price)  All dry except for the 'new concentric' as the previous owner had run it for a few minutes after the re-build. The carby was full of , looked more like semi solid vaseline but was modern fuel gone wrong. Cleaned the carb fully and topped all the oils. Put some oil into the bore for a day or two, cleaned it out  , then tried to start it . Fuel was OK in the carb, after 20 or so kicks the plug was wet but no effort to start . Tried some easy start and she burbled for 30 seconds or so but died . Just would not go on the petrol. Bit more easy  start and run again for another short burst. I'm wondering if the correct carb has been fitted ? I mean not the number but the jets so my question is for a concentric, what jets and needle should be in this carb ?    Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

AdrianS

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: D13B carb.
« Reply #1 on: 24 January, 2019, 09:23:34 »
Not sure for a D13B but my D14 has got:

Concentric 626/12  2 Stroke carb
Main Jet - 160
Pilot Jet - 25
Needle jet - 105 2 stroke
Throttle slide cutaway no 3
Needle position 2

The bore is 26mm as indicated in the part number and there is a difference between the 2 stroke and 4 stroke concentric carbs.
Hope this helps

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24 January, 2019, 13:12:25 »
Thanks Adrian, As soon as the 'manflu' goes away I'll be out there checking it all out.   Griff

Rupert

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 January, 2019, 18:40:30 »
Hi griff, 600 concentric for 2 stroke use has spray tube chamfered on side towards engine, needle has one I.d. Groove and needle jet is non-bleed type. All these differences richen the mixture which fits with the fuel starvation symptoms you describe?
Regards, Rupert.

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 February, 2019, 08:32:49 »
Thanks lads . Will be at it on Monday. I think the first thing to do is swap the carb from my Gollner Bantam Trials to see if that does the trick then visa versa to confirm my thoughts. I'll keep you posted as working on the Gollner to be ready for the Telford off Road show.  It's got a bit of history and  creates a good talking point....    Griff