Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 1190 times)

A Williams

• Star
    • View Profile
Insurance
« on: 14 January, 2019, 12:59:13 »
Can anyone recomend a good insurance company or one to avoid. I have over 40 years experience. My last insurance that I had for a long time was a Norwich union rider police. Hope to be getting a B33.   

ROYC

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Insurance
« Reply #1 on: 14 January, 2019, 13:06:08 »
I'm happy with Footman James. They advertise in the back of the star magazine.
My bike is a 1958 A7SS

Mark B

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 14 January, 2019, 13:27:15 »
Peter James. Real people who know and understand motorbikes and provide an excellent service with very good prices.  Peter James left the family firm Footman when they started to go mainstream.

bikerbob

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 14 January, 2019, 14:18:33 »
Another vote for Peter James have been with them for number of years now and cannot fault them on price or service.

A10 JWO

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 January, 2019, 18:24:16 »
I have three bikes comp with Footman James £125, i a happy.

bikerbob

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 14 January, 2019, 19:14:27 »
Just checked my policy with Peter James have 2 bikes insured with them fuly comprehensive with breakdown cover for £92-53 also with agreed valuation, to get agreed valuation you have to fill a form in detailing everything about the bike and provide photographs also your valuation of the bike this goes to their assessor to confirm, if your valuation is above £5000 then you have to get an independant valuation.

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 14 January, 2019, 19:26:06 »
Another vote from me for Peter James. Used them for the last 5 years and nobody can touch them for price or service.   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

brians

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 January, 2019, 23:58:37 »
If you haven't had bike insurance for a while then there are a couple of new restrictions imposed by some insurers to watch out for:
a) pillion cover - this is now an extra on some policies - don't take it for granted!
b) riding bikes that don't belong to you - this cover used to be automatically part of both car and bike policies when comprehensive cover was taken out - not any longer  :-\

Just sayin'......

Brian

PS Does Peter James include either (or both) of these in his policies?

bikerbob

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16 January, 2019, 10:55:41 »
Just checked my Peter James policy and can confirm that I am covered to ride a bike not belonging to me but it makes no mention about pillion passengers point taken.

Mark B

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16 January, 2019, 12:02:55 »
My PJ policy: covered for riding other bikes; 'not covered for carriage of passengers for hire or reward.' So you can't be a motorbike taxi, but this is the only exclusion for pillions. These are standard on the policy and not an additional clause.