Author Topic: Mudguards for B44 Victor Special  (Read 190 times)

nickdun

• Star
    • View Profile
Mudguards for B44 Victor Special
« on: 26 December, 2018, 16:11:57 »
Hi All
Hope you're having some christmas fun.  I'm struggling to find any mudguards for my 1969 (late model) Victor Special here in the UK.  They're available in the US for obscene amounts of money so I've decided to go down the route of buying universal steel mudguards (the front I've located is pretty close I think,) modifying and chrome plating.  However before I commit could anyone help with some measurements.

My bike came with a rusty front mudguard, not the original, but it measures 785 mm along the top edge from tip to tip, and 340 mm from the front tip to the middle of the dimple for the forks.  The guard is 105-108 mm wide at the furled bottom edge and 38 mm tall (from top of guard to bottom of furled edge) which makes the stays a good fit.  The original part number of the front mudguard (or fender as I should say for a USA export bike) is 41-6533.  Does anyone have the correct front fender and can confirm these measurements?  I can buy a very similar universal part from a couple of suppliers here in the UK.

The rear mudguard that came on my bike is an imposter and I can't take reliable measurements from it.  The original US spec rear fender is part number 82-9989, does anyone have one and can give me the basic measurements from it? 

Thanks

Nick

ROBT

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Mudguards for B44 Victor Special
« Reply #1 on: 28 December, 2018, 13:46:35 »
Hello Nick,

I've just been out to the garage to check your mudguard measurements against those of my 1970 Victor.
The front mudguard was easy to check and all your measurements agree with mine.
The length of the rear is a little more difficult to determine exactly without it's removal from the bike but mine gives me 1195mm. The width is 140mm and the height from the furled bottom edge to the top of the guard is 55mm.

Hope this helps,
Rob

nickdun

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Mudguards for B44 Victor Special
« Reply #2 on: 28 December, 2018, 19:14:50 »
Thanks this helps a lot.

Nick