Author Topic: D14B Sport.  (Read 1053 times)

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
D14B Sport.
« on: 13 December, 2018, 08:33:26 »
  My Bantam has suddenly decided to stop changing gear. One minute working perfectly OK then came to use it yesterday and all it would select was bottom gear. Seems when lifting the lever nothing ws happening . Any suggestions as to what to look for ?    Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

AdrianS

Re: D14B Sport.
« Reply #1 on: 14 December, 2018, 17:03:50 »
I think you are going to have to strip the engine. I suspect the indent spring has broken so the selector plate will not stay in a selected gear. If you have never stripped one of these engines, they are quite easy to do. You will need a clutch locking tool, clutch puller and a engine sprocket locking tool. Cheap as chips from Rex Caunt who also sells spares and is good for advice!

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: D14B Sport.
« Reply #2 on: 16 December, 2018, 19:37:18 »
 I took off the short gear lever (made for trials) changed the oil (put warm oil in) furtled about with the original lever and hey presto it started working again. Seem something had stuck together and now freed. Ridden it loads today and all is well. There was water and crud in the old oil. Yes the short lever is back in service. Thanks for the hint.....   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...