Author Topic: 1954 A10 S/A Front brake torque arm  (Read 1213 times)

RESTORER

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
1954 A10 S/A Front brake torque arm
« on: 15 March, 2017, 12:46:32 »
Hi All, Can anybody give me a definitive answer: On the 1954 8" front brake model, does the front torque arm fit inside the centre support bridge or between the bridge and the fork lug?  On the pics I took before I dismantled, the arm was on the inside but now cleaned, the arm has indentations on both sides as if it has been clamped between two items.  Also, should the centre support bridge be fitted with the angled side to the front?  The centre support was badly damaged and had to be replaced and the one I have, maybe off a different model, does not have enough of the angle cut away to allow the torque arm to be fitted on the inside of it.  Before I start filing away, any advice would be welcome and thanks for reading.  Restorer.
Restorer.
1954 A10 Golden Flash, Swinging Arm

JulianS

• Empire Star
  • A10
    • View Profile
Re: 1954 A10 S/A Front brake torque arm
« Reply #1 on: 15 March, 2017, 14:40:04 »
Order is fork leg then mudguard stay then brake torque arm.

The torque arm is bent to put it in the correct position. If it was the other way around the stay would be shaped whereas it isnactually symetric.

RESTORER

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: 1954 A10 S/A Front brake torque arm
« Reply #2 on: 15 March, 2017, 17:39:07 »
Once again, thanks JulianS. Logically that's the way the design requires assembly.  Equally the angle of the bridge section means that the folded lip should be at the front and therefore I will shorten it to allow for the torque arm. Restorer.
Restorer.
1954 A10 Golden Flash, Swinging Arm