Author Topic: D14B repairs...  (Read 1112 times)

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
D14B repairs...
« on: 23 July, 2018, 18:18:47 »
  Have had a serious problem with my trials Bantam.. Nipped-up and I thouhgt it was the piston rings. Re-bore and same problem but tiny flakes of alloy in bottom end.. Need it doing as yesterday as off to the Manx in just over 2 weeks and need it ofr the 2day trial. Any suggestions as to who and where I might get it done in that time.. Juct don't have time to do it myself as have to get house finished...   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: D14B repairs...
« Reply #1 on: 27 July, 2018, 23:13:43 »
Got the job well sorted... Nick Bramley is doing it . Came with good recomendation from Rex Caunt. Seems a decent lad that crtainly knows Bamtams and races them. Will keep you poste das to how it goes... Griff

AdrianS

« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2018, 10:17:26 »
Out of interest what is he doing to the Bantam engine. Is he stripping the engine, checking and rebuilding it for you?

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 August, 2018, 07:59:33 »
 Had the engine stripped, new rod and big end bearings, primary chain and sprocket most other bearings replaced . Gearbox gone through and all re-assembled. After the re-bore it now goes like a Swiss clock. Must be the least rattley Bantam on the road now. Nick Bramley did the job and gave excelent service. Well worth using a Bantam racer for such work and whats more he's reasonable on the price. I noticed when down at his place there one or two D1's he restored for folk and yes they run beautifully..   Griff