Author Topic: B40 clutch  (Read 983 times)

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
B40 clutch
« on: 16 June, 2018, 09:28:06 »
Route for a B40 clutch cable ? Whilst having the bike up in the air I think the clutch cable should be changed (cracks in the outer cover) What is the best route to run the cable as at present it goes between the main chain. I think it should run behind the chain and clutch so as to be less chance of damage...  Is that the normal route.... Oh yes it's a B40T..   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

AdrianS

Re: B40 clutch
« Reply #1 on: 16 June, 2018, 10:32:34 »
I posted a similar question on 22nd Feb. If you go back a few pages you will find the suggested route. It is a bit "tight" but works fine on my B40. I had seen someone elses bike where they had made a bracket to support the cable- the bracket fitted to the crankcase. I had thought about that modification but it has not been needed. Also when fitting the new cable, fit the nipple into the clutch end first while there is a bit of slack!

AWJDThumper

• Empire Star
  • Dandy Beagle D14 C15 B40 B40WD B44 B25 B50 A10 A65
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 June, 2018, 12:10:30 »
The best routing for the clutch cable is along the top of the chaincase and up the front down tube as per the B40WD and later B50's. This avoids the two right angled bends needed to route it along the top tube. That said, I routed it along the top tube on both of my B50's and the clutch operation is perfectly acceptable.

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 June, 2018, 13:27:25 »
 Put the new cable on and went along the top tube. Works well and happy with the results. I made sure the cable ws well lubricated before fitting....   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...