Author Topic: A65 Fitting?  (Read 362 times)

KEVZEBOY

• Star
    • View Profile
A65 Fitting?
« on: 21 May, 2018, 20:02:35 »
Hi there, thanks for looking.

I have been lucky enough to acquire a Watsonian Palmer Chair so the little fella can come out for a blast with his dad.

I intend to fit the chair to my early A65. The chair was previously fitted to a Square Four and has come with a box of brackets. Does anyone have a diagram or pictures of how one would fit to an A65.

All thoughts welcomed.

Kevin

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: A65 Fitting?
« Reply #1 on: 22 May, 2018, 08:21:01 »
You will need to attach your Palma sidecar to the A65 at 4 points. Working from the front, there is a downtube brace which attaches to the bike, you then have a L shaped downtube (swan neck) attached from the brace to the front sidecar chassis mounting. Depending on the age of the chair, there will be a mounting either coming out of the body, or attached to a loop that goes under the body. From the mounting you need to attached a straight adjustable tube to the front engine mounting on the bike. If your A65 is a cross over brake pedal type you will need a ball joint fitting across the bottom frame loop. If you have the later brake (same side as pedal) there is a special fitting that goes through the brake pedal arm, although you can use the ball joint type fitting. Lastly, there needs to be a downtube running from the upper shock absorber mounting down to the rear sidecar chassis fitting. I have attached the only picture I can found so far of my A65 front fitting. If I find others I will post them up.

Rob

KEVZEBOY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 May, 2018, 12:16:28 »
Thank you.

KEVZEBOY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 November, 2018, 15:57:57 »
Can I be a pain? If so, could I ask if you could post some more pics of how the chair is attached to frame. There was a box of fittings that came with the sidecar and the ones left on it from itís Square Four pairing.

Thanks
Kevin.