Author Topic: 2x A10 -another newbie  (Read 225 times)

kawa_zzr0

• Star
    • View Profile
2x A10 -another newbie
« on: 06 October, 2021, 22:02:53 »
Just acquired my Dads 2off A10 SuperRockets resulting sadly from his passing. Thinking of joining OC as bikes need some work. One is well restored incl 12V /Lucas elect ignition-he invested alot of time in it but is leaking oil somewhere from the rocker cover area. Have dismantled once, fitted new gaskets but still have problem . The 2nd A10 runs quite well is still 6V but is tired - eg quite alot of play in swing arm , condition tired etc. Understand there is a local meet /branch meet near ST Neots (Connington) -could someone make contact to convince me of value in joining. I am mech. eng by profession hence able to do most of work myself- have RD250s, RD400 which I have resorted & Kawa ZZR1400. Have ridden Jap bikes all of life but keen to experience A10s.
« Last Edit: 06 October, 2021, 22:05:29 by kawa_zzr0 »

idie

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: 2x A10 -another newbie
« Reply #1 on: 06 October, 2021, 22:13:59 »
Why don't you just turn up at a meeting and see for yourself.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 October, 2021, 07:21:14 »
Hello kawa,

Wecome to the Forum and BSA ownership.
Joining the BSAOC could be one of the best things you ever do.  Not only will you find all the support and info. for keeping you bikes running but a welcoming and active Club.  Have a look at the website and as Idie has already said, just turn up at your nearest Branch.
Perhaps you will get to few BSAOC events next year.

Dave.

Rog1

• Royal Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
    • The North Bucks Wanderer
« Reply #3 on: 07 October, 2021, 20:45:28 »
Hello Kawa

I agree with Idie and Dave. I just turned up at my local meeting in Northants and they were friendly and welcoming. We don't just talk about fixing BSAs, but when we do, the info is solid gold. I've had a great deal of help from the forum too, in the two years I've had my BSA. Like you I knew nothing but Jap bikes, and the world of 1950s engineering is certainly a bit different from them.

Roger

kawa_zzr0

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 14 October, 2021, 20:54:15 »
As they say-a cheque  in the post for2yrs membership. Hope I get a good return on the investment on making my 2 A10s road worthy.
 :)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 October, 2021, 08:04:50 »
Hi,

Great news.  How about a few photos of the bikes?  East enough enough to post so long as the files are not too big.

Dave.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 October, 2021, 14:56:41 »
That was supposed to be ‘easy enough’ not what I put.

Dave.

kawa_zzr0

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 17 October, 2021, 22:05:25 »
Thanks Dave for welcome. Guess it will be 3-4wks before membership details are forwarded.  The red A10 was built as basket case by my late Dad - the black one needs quite some tidying. I hope the attached files (pictures) come thro OK