Author Topic: Non-branded supermarket petrols  (Read 6721 times)

Martin

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Non-branded supermarket petrols
« Reply #15 on: 03 March, 2017, 12:25:15 »
Crikey - I seem to have opened Pandora's Box with my enquiry!

Thanks again to everyone who has dealt with my post. What is probably obvious to those who have ridden classic bikes for years isn't to the likes of me, so your thoughts about fuels and their effects have been most illuminating, reassuring and worrying all at the same time. At least I know where to go to fill up! :)

old git

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 July, 2021, 20:04:36 »
Use Aspen 4 stroke fuel. It does not contain ethanol and is totally compatible with all machines. The only downside being its expensive £20 for 5 litres. Google Aspen Fuels for more info. I use it in my Thunderbolt with no ill effects plus it runs extremely clean with no sooty deposits.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 July, 2021, 22:04:17 »
Hi,

Aspen 2stoke also available.  Developed primarily for hand held machinery like chainsaws and strimmers/clearing saws.
Very low emissions compared to normal fuel oil mix.
£20/5 Litres is £18.18 per gallon.  That makes it £72.72 to fill a 4 gallon tank.  OK if you do not do many miles but.....

Dave.

old git

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 July, 2021, 22:27:53 »
Exactly Dave, I got it when I bought a new strimmer and it was recommended. Since then I got the 4 stroke fuel to give it a go. The way my bike is behaving at the moment with all sorts of problems I won't be going very far!