Author Topic: dvla new commitie  (Read 6841 times)

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: dvla new commitie
« Reply #15 on: 28 December, 2017, 09:58:14 »
The BSA Factory records held by the BSAOC and VMCC are IDENTICAL.

Having checked with the Clubs Dating Officer, it is likely that someone at the DVLA is being pernickety about the dates as this comes up every now and again.

I have contacted Eddie Simpson on how to progress his request.

Rob Jones

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 28 December, 2017, 19:48:49 »
Rob, many thanks. Your prompt efforts are appreciated.
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

Mike Farmer

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 December, 2017, 09:12:13 »
 :) :) :)
Ditto
Mike 8) 8)

MALCOLM.JOHNSON

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 05 January, 2018, 20:51:31 »
Received notification today from the DVLA that they wish to inspect my machine, which is apparently done by "SGS", whoever they are. No mention of date of manufacture or details on the dating certificate, so I can only presume that part of it is ok? I have booked the inspection for next Tuesday. We will see what happens next?

MALCOLM.JOHNSON

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 January, 2018, 21:42:21 »
Received my age related registration this morning. It took well over a month to complete and included a further inspection for the DVLA, by some contractor for the DVLA. This process is getting harder each and every time I undertake it. I think the next project had better come to me with documents!

ChrisG

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 January, 2018, 13:50:52 »
I agree, so maybe when a bike is being sold without documents, the price paid should reflect this. Trouble is too many people get carried away and pay not far off what a running example with docs is worth. We all need to be sensible when putting a value on potential purchases and not go near or be very prepared to walk away if a realistic price cannot be agreed.
Chris

EDDIE SIMPSON

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 January, 2018, 14:48:37 »
The process is in motion now and awaiting an Sgs inspection. It seems I made the mistake of sending the dating certificate and not the vehicle report which I had managed to mislay and forget about. It's lucky we have people like Julian to turn to.as dvla through me totally off course.

EDDIE SIMPSON

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 27 February, 2018, 20:55:01 »
finally have a registration number and v5 from dvla. head out to the highway?
just in time for new mot regulations?
priced out of emission zones?

ChrisG

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01 March, 2018, 12:08:06 »
I believe the ULEZ charges don't apply to Historic vehicles.

BILL NELSON

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 March, 2018, 14:08:51 »
I used to visit the factory early 1970s & believe/confirm that the despatch date was the manufacturing date as bikes were shipped to get payment asap, not held in stock. It was motor industry practice for stock to be held at dealers, not at the factory. The practice of filling acres of tarmac with unregistered cars until dealers call them off stock is fairly recent and certainly didn't happen with BSA and still doesn't happen with bikes.
What's more, there wasn't the computerised standardisation that there is now. If a customer wanted something different for their bike, the dealer could either swap bits before release, or order the bike with those bits from the factory.
The problem we have today is that most of the population, including some owners (not just DVLA) do not know how factories worked in those days.

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 March, 2018, 15:07:06 »
Hi all,
         Here's a copy of my rejection received today:

DerekAnderson8

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 22 March, 2018, 17:16:43 »
Oh dear that's not good is it?  >:(

I am about to try and get an age related plate for my Tribsa wish me luck!

all the best

derek

ducati2242

• Silver Star
  • DB 34 GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 March, 2018, 18:01:49 »
I had an SGS inspection yesterday , wednesday , he told me to expect my v5 in about 7 working days . I sent in all the information that was needed to the dvla including the dating certificate and all the photos but still got the sgs inspection which only took a week after receiving the dvla letter . This is the third bike I have done like this in the last 3 years but my first sgs inspection .
1956 bsa GS DB500
1968 mk1 Rocket 3
2006 ducati 999R .

ducati2242

• Silver Star
  • DB 34 GS
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 28 March, 2018, 15:31:33 »
I had an SGS inspection yesterday , wednesday , he told me to expect my v5 in about 7 working days . I sent in all the information that was needed to the dvla including the dating certificate and all the photos but still got the sgs inspection which only took a week after receiving the dvla letter . This is the third bike I have done like this in the last 3 years but my first sgs inspection .

been on the phone to the dvla and my v5 is in the post but just so i dont miss easter riding she gave me the reg number over the phone . plate is ordered so should be out for the weekend . The whole process only took about 3 weeks from sending in my v55/5 form so not to bad and proves if you do it right there's no problems .
1956 bsa GS DB500
1968 mk1 Rocket 3
2006 ducati 999R .

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 28 March, 2018, 15:55:02 »
I did it right, it was the others...