Author Topic: BSAOC future .  (Read 1570 times)

Bess

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: BSAOC future .
« Reply #15 on: 24 December, 2017, 12:21:03 »
Hi Calvin,
               A call out for a club in Devon was printed in the Star in February 2017. I put myself and son forward but it never progressed. The VMCC are active in the area so I'm going to attend their ride outs when I get the bikes registered.

Registration is our big problem at the moment, I started the process for first bike in September and there's no sight of the number as yet. I will be starting the process for the second bike in the new year so we are hoping to be riding them in April.

Best wishes...

BEEZABRYAN

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 24 December, 2017, 14:41:54 »
Hi Calvin, are you a branch or national member?

Editor

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 24 December, 2017, 14:59:27 »
Regarding the price of Classic bikes, as those of you who read my ramblings in The Star will know, I've been quietly banging on about this for a long time.
Its great that they are increasing in value to enable those of us who restore to know that we are likely to get some if not most of what we've spent on them back if and when we sell them, to fund the next restoration. However, the price people are paying for incomplete or basket cases which no-one (including the owner) knows the history of is ridiculous.
If only people would stop and make the simple calculation of 'what will it cost me to restore to a useable, on the road machine?' then 'what are they currently selling for (not asking prices)?' Take one from t'other and that's what its really worth!
I doubt this will happen sometime soon.
Have a good Christmas day tomorrow folks!
Chris

Calvin

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 24 December, 2017, 20:20:44 »
I am a national member who attends South Derbyshire about  once a month.

DEE

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 26 December, 2017, 20:15:24 »
Hi Bess, if you want to start a BSAOC Group or Branch or just meet up with other club members local to your area, you could compose a letter giving you and your son's contact details and ask the BSAOC Membership Secretary to post the letters to members in your area to try and get some interest. Anyone who is interested can then contact you directly. It has to be done this way to comply with Data Protection laws.

Bess

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 December, 2017, 12:20:29 »
Hi Dee,
            Thanks for heads up...