Author Topic: OIF A65 THUNDERBOLT NO SPARK.  (Read 2771 times)

DILWEBLEY

• Star
    • View Profile
OIF A65 THUNDERBOLT NO SPARK.
« on: 19 February, 2017, 15:31:21 »
Hi, I am at the end of my tether. I have my dads OIF A65 which I have been riding on and of for a few years now. It is fitted with a Boyer ignition system and has been fine up until last summer when it wouldn't start, no spark. I presumed a flat battery but no still no spark. So far I have fitted a new battery, new coils, new leads and new Boyer system but I still have no spark. This is driving me mad but having spent a fortune and don't want to keep throwing money at her without some sort of idea what is wrong. I know it must be something simple because she was the most reliable bike I have and ran fine the previous ride out. Any ideas?  have power going to the Boyer unit, power coming out to the coils but nothing from there. Boyer say to put the two wires from the base plate together and you will get a spark but I don't. Is this another faulty Boyer unit or is it something else? Help.

DerekAnderson8

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: OIF A65 THUNDERBOLT NO SPARK.
« Reply #1 on: 19 February, 2017, 19:58:14 »
My advice would be have someone else take a look at it, it gets to a point where you have to admit defeat before you get really p------d off. It might be something straightforward but you never know.

Where about's in country are you?

DILWEBLEY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 20 February, 2017, 15:54:53 »
Hi, I am in Sutton Coldfield Birmingham. I will work it out eventually just don't want to keep wasting time any money on bits when it will be something obvious that I hadn't thought of. Ran fine if a bit smoky a few months before.

DerekAnderson8

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 20 February, 2017, 16:20:14 »
it will be something simple, what is voltage across battery? less than 12 volts and Boyer wont like it.

DILWEBLEY

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 20 February, 2017, 17:20:37 »
Great charge from battery everything works, lights horn etc. Have power from switch to Boyer and from Boyer to coils. Turn her over and get power to both coils but no spark. So power is going through but no spark to plugs. Am stuck now as not sure what else controls the power from the coils, is it just from the battery or is there something else like the zener diode or rectifier that is faulty?