Author Topic: Frame numbers?  (Read 1279 times)

DEREKANDERSON8

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Frame numbers?
« Reply #15 on: 21 December, 2017, 17:41:58 »
Hi :)

Just been racking my brain cell and I would suggest that may be an MSVA No or a pre MSVA from when you could register a new frame by simply popping into your local county taxation office. Oh happy days.

Take care

Mike 8) 8) 8)

sounds interesting mike!

The V5C will say when the bike was first registered which should ideally correspond to 1966 from the D registration? At that first registration, it must have had the current frame number - that number defines the identity of the bike.  Logically, any changes that might have happened to the identity of the bike (eg change in frame number) must have occurred before this first registration. If first registration was, in fact, much later than 1966, it might suggest something funny has happened (MSVA route?).

I have sent the V5 off to dvla for change of owner, it did however say 1966 was date/year of first registration then the usual 1986 date when it was put on the current dvla system.

thanks for all your input.

cheers

derek

Mike Farmer

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 December, 2017, 19:16:45 »
 :)

Ah! If only.

I have a frame and some bits.(and some dust and cobwebs and what looks suspiciously like Cow muck---I mean barn find) No Reg No. No paper at all. Mr Foden has put the frame as SA Police.

Mike 8) 8)

DEREKANDERSON8

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 December, 2017, 20:17:54 »
:)

Ah! If only.

I have a frame and some bits.(and some dust and cobwebs and what looks suspiciously like Cow muck---I mean barn find) No Reg No. No paper at all. Mr Foden has put the frame as SA Police.

Mike 8) 8)

I honestly would think twice about buying a bike now with no documents, this A65 has matching (if possibly dubious!) complete documents.

I bought an A10 last year and finally got the V5 after a bit of a legal wrangle last month.

There are stories everywhere about problems with Dvla!

cheers

derek