Author Topic: A65 OIF conversion to disc front brake.  (Read 4938 times)

Ken Oaff

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: A65 OIF conversion to disc front brake.
« Reply #15 on: 25 December, 2017, 20:26:29 »
no yokes on T140 are about 1/2" wider than A65

CROFTY1984

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: A65 OIF conversion to disc front brake.
« Reply #16 on: 13 January, 2018, 10:54:49 »
I have both, as it happens! Maybe I can weigh in?
As others have said, the yokes are different as the hub and brake assembly is wider, so you can't use just the forks or just the lowers. The top yoke has no mountings for the headlight bracket wires.
The top yoke on the bonnie is a clamp-on type, whereas the BSA is tapered forks at the top.
I honestly have no idea about the compatibility of the steering stem and bearings, but I would think if they only need minor modifications your best bet would be a complete T140 front end.

Some notes on the bonnie brake:
The chrome discs look very nice. You can admire them as you stuff yourself into the back of the car in front. They're awful. The best value upgrades I did to mine were: single piece braided hose, M/C mount pressure switch banjo, the best pads LP Williams sell, lightweight disc, rebuild calliper.
That lot was probably about £150, not far off what one disc cost me for the Kawasaki! I can't recommend them enough.
You can of course get twin discs and larger single disc, but then you're talking big money. I also like that it still looks fairly "period".