Author Topic: 1932 Blue star HELP!  (Read 1695 times)

MALCOLM.JOHNSON

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: 1932 Blue star HELP!
« Reply #15 on: 28 November, 2017, 20:34:29 »
No problem, but because I do not visit the forum every day, I suggest that you PM me with the information you require. Malcolm.

Edwardian Fred

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 November, 2017, 14:02:53 »
Hello Malcolm. Please could you take a couple more measurements from your Blue Star for me please.

I just require the length of the spacer between the engine and frame on left and right side and the same for the gearbox bracket left and right. I hope you can help, then I can straighten the old girl. Many thanks

Edwardian Fred

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 30 November, 2017, 14:04:05 »
Hello there. I have also been PMing, but they don't seem to be going through...?

MALCOLM.JOHNSON

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 30 November, 2017, 17:48:52 »
Measuring those is easier said than done. The ones at the rear of the gearbox plates were easy to measure, as I did originally make a pair slightly different to assist with drive chain alignment when I was commissioning the bike and the original ones I saved are 20mm (os) and 44mm (ns) - I changed to something like 22mm and 42mm to offset the rear of the gearbox towards the ns slightly. I would temporarily make the rear spacers to near original sizes given out of suitable tubing, which should give you enough of a guide to assemble the frame parts and work on chain and wheel alignments. Without lying the bike right over it is very difficult for me to measure the engine ones. I would need the bike outside and one of my pals here to hold the bike. When you come to make the spacers proper, they are waisted, not a plain thick walled tube. Have fun!   

Edwardian Fred

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 November, 2017, 19:04:19 »
Thank you very much for those measurements. I'm definitely alot further on thanks to you. The issue I have is the gearbox plates/yokes are similar but incorrect for the model and will require modifications. Therefore I really need the engine spacer measurements. Is there any way you could get a rough measurement of them or take a plasticine impression and measure that? So grateful for your help, if you can Pm me your address, there's a bottle of whisky in it for you 😀

MALCOLM.JOHNSON

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 November, 2017, 21:00:09 »
I have sent you a PM. Look in your messages. Malcolm.