Author Topic: How to find My ''Old Boys'' BSA Gold Star Trials bike?  (Read 2079 times)

rhwillia

• Star
    • View Profile
How to find My ''Old Boys'' BSA Gold Star Trials bike?
« on: 20 November, 2017, 02:16:03 »
Hello Everyone,
I am looking for some assistance in tracing ''FXG 11'' :
I have been trying to find my late fathers BSA Gold Star trials bike, registration FXG 11: but with no luck so far!
He was the first registered keeper way back in April 1956 & then owned the bike again (as the 3rd registered keeper) in the late 1980's/ early 1990's.
Sadly he had to part company with this ,his favourite  bike in the early 1990's & passed away before he could buy it back!
Obviously I would love to know of the bike's current whereabouts; even if to know it is still in one piece!
Any help in discovering its whereabouts would be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks in advance of any help.
Cheers,
Roger.

A10 JWO

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: How to find My ''Old Boys'' BSA Gold Star Trials bike?
« Reply #1 on: 21 November, 2017, 16:17:13 »
The DVLA website will tell you if it is taxed , registered or sorn.

A10 JWO

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 November, 2017, 16:20:26 »
The DVLA know the plate, Black BSA registered April 1956, seems to be still on their books. Regards Colin

ChrisG

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 November, 2017, 19:48:17 »
Hi Roger,
We have 3 requests very similar to yours to be placed in The Star. As such, with your permission I can add yours to the list and do all four in a bespoke feature in the January 2018 edition. Email me on editor@bsaownersclub.co.uk if you agree.
Regards
Chris Golby

A10 JWO

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25 November, 2017, 17:07:57 »
Old Bike Mart have a 'where is it now' section. Published by Mortons. You could also contact all the other free forums for other makes, most collectors have various makes. Years ago you could ask a friendly old Bobby who could look on the PNC, the good old days.  There are also insurance data bases that will have the location, it's a case of finding the right ( or wrong ) person to ask. They called it the ways and means act.

rhwillia

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 December, 2017, 15:55:04 »
Hi Guys,
Sorry for the delay in reply. (i ve been working away)
I have looked at the DVLA before & tried but failed with ''the friendly'' Bobby approach.... (more than my jobs worth nowadays sadly...)
However, i will try other forums.
I would be very grateful if ''my where is it now'' request appeared in The Star publication!
Thank you once again.