Author Topic: 389 Monobloc choke sliders  (Read 407 times)

LightningJames

• Star
    • View Profile
389 Monobloc choke sliders
« on: 06 January, 2018, 08:36:22 »
Hello all,

Iím new to this forum. Although Iíve been a member of the club for 4 years now. I own a 1965 Lightning Clubman.

A quick question, can I leave the choke sliders out from my 389 monoís?  If so, I guess I would need to block the cable hole off?

I never ever use the choke, I always flood the carbs from cold and it normally starts first kick....! I keep the choke lever tightened right up as it has been known to vibrate round. Would be nice to just remove it all.

Many thanks in advance

James

AWJDThumper

• Empire Star
    • View Profile
Re: 389 Monobloc choke sliders
« Reply #1 on: 06 January, 2018, 09:34:59 »
No problem leaving the choke sliders off but you would definitely need to use a blanking screw for the choke cable hole.

LightningJames

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06 January, 2018, 12:11:23 »
Thanks for the reply. 👍🏻

Editor

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 January, 2018, 12:06:38 »
Good to hear from you James,
Did the article about your LC ever appear in the Classic Motorcycle? If not, I will be seeing James Robinson at Mortons at the end of this month and I'll remind him!!
Chris

LightningJames

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 January, 2018, 20:56:47 »
Hello Chris,

No, I didnít hear anything for nearly a year. I contacted him a month or so ago and he said the pictures were not good enough to make the magazine. Shame.

I was going to contact you about a nice thing that happened to me. Cut a long story short, by chance at a car/bike show a chap recognised my bike and had photos of it back in 1965 with the original owner. 2 friends had a pair of clubmans, mine was one of them. Sadly the owner of mine has passed away, but his friend who had the other one (consecutive number plates as well) lives in Canada and I am in touch with him. Lots of stories and photos have emerged and he is coming over next year to see the bike!