Author Topic: Rebuilt B25 wont start what am I doing wrong  (Read 419 times)

ducati2242

• Royal Star
  • DB 34 GS
    • View Profile
Re: Rebuilt B25 wont start what am I doing wrong
« Reply #15 on: 15 May, 2022, 14:03:13 »
When i have trouble starting anything when i'm sure everything is correct brake cleaner is my weapon of choice . Quick squirt in the throttles and it usually fires straight up . It's the most flammable stuff i know .
1956 bsa GS DB500
1968 mk1 Rocket 3
2006 ducati 999R .

Trebor

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03 June, 2022, 11:00:45 »
Hi all

Thought I'd give an update as the engine is now starting fine, I think there were two major contributors to non running .

Firstly the pilot jet although cleaned and blown through a number of times kept re blocking there was muck in the gallery but cleaning  with a strand of control cable wire only pushed it back from the jet. The solution was to drill and tap the plug in the gallery and remove it so that proper cleaning could be achieved. Although I turned up a new plug to fit, it may be worth drilling and tapping the end of the gallery and putting in a grub screw??

Secondly, and the main cause of non starting, I was using and old pair of points which I refaced with a diamond file , I have done this a number of times with no problems, however I'd taken off too much material from both points. This impacted the timing sufficiently to prevent starting.

Hope this helps someone from making the same mistakes.

Rob

Mike Farmer

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 June, 2022, 12:56:52 »
 :) :) :) :)

I think updating is an extremely important factor in our "situations". So thanks for yours.

Mike 8) 8) 8) 8)