Author Topic: BSAOC Rally at Mallory Park  (Read 129 times)

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
BSAOC Rally at Mallory Park
« on: 29 May, 2022, 19:00:09 »
Just back from a great weekend where it was great to meet up with BSA friends old and new.
Many thanks to the organisers who arranged this event at relatively short notice after the loss of our normal venue for the Open Day.

Special thanks must go to our National Secretary, Phil Bull, who not only put in so much work in advance but put in a huge shift over the entire weekend. Also massive thanks to Mick Fern for finding/negotiating the venue and for leading a wonderful ride-out though the lanes and villages of Leicestershire, lunch at Great Central Railway station at Quorn where the live steam was the icing on the cake.
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
    • The North Bucks Wanderer
Re: BSAOC Rally at Mallory Park
« Reply #1 on: 30 May, 2022, 10:55:03 »
Couldn't put it better myself; I had a fine time and I'm really glad I went.

This was the first BSAOC camping event I've attended, though I've been to maybe a hundred bike rallies. I've also been involved in the organising and running of quite a few of those rallies and know just what's involved. For me the weekend went very smoothly, a sign of a well organised event.

BILL NELSON

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: BSAOC Rally at Mallory Park
« Reply #2 on: 30 May, 2022, 13:11:51 »
Yes a massive success - 3 years since our last big one, it was great to see so many coming out to support the club and each other.
Fabulous catering from Athlone events - Ian & Sam - they really did us proud.
All credit to Phil & Mick.

Special mention to Graeme Wilcox who is doing a lot of work making high quality clocks to raise funds for cancer research.

The 2 Easy Riders being used onsite make a lot of sense these days - I could do with one!

Thanks everyone
Bill

PS best I can do with my BlurryPhoto™ skills - I was trying to point at the bikes