Author Topic: New BSAOC group  (Read 302 times)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
New BSAOC group
« on: 16 May, 2022, 09:42:26 »
Hi All,

Great to see in the Star this month that new BSAOC group has been formed on the Devon/Cornwall border.
So a warm welcome to the Tamar Valley Group. 

Dave.

BILL NELSON

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: New BSAOC group
« Reply #1 on: 16 May, 2022, 16:08:07 »
Great News, let's see about some more & more branch involvement from National Members

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18 May, 2022, 08:05:03 »
Yes you have that one right Admiral. We need some of the branches already formed to get out more rather than sit in a quiet corner in a pub discussing what they might do. Lets get out and try to get a bit of youth into the riding idea. I often get some of the local lads on their crapanese tiddlers out for a ride. Slowly but surely they are cottoning on...  It's more fun going somewhere rather than sitting looking at a pint pot...   (or coke can)    Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18 May, 2022, 08:57:31 »
Hi,

Reading Branch notes in The Star it looks like most branches are quite active at a local level.  There will also be a number of non-branch, National members who get out for regular rides so it is a matter of encouraging the 'twane' to meet.
Perhaps there could be bit more encouragement for day visitors to Branch Weekends as not everyone wants to or can camp. 
Branches, The Star and interaction between people from far and wide at Branch Weekends are the life blood of the Club. 
A few more Branches would not go a miss.

Dave.

BILL NELSON

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30 May, 2022, 15:03:51 »
Hi Dave
I totally agree on all points.
When I was more able, I used to attend a few branch camps, but day-tripped to more. It was always worth the early start.
Bill

Janner Fox

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 31 May, 2022, 22:32:54 »
That is great news, as a Cornish man I am delighted. I do live in Co Kerry, Ireland myself.
Be part of a movement, point the front wheel on the road.