Author Topic: pictures  (Read 677 times)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: pictures
« Reply #15 on: 05 March, 2022, 14:26:59 »
Hi Mike,

In the settings on your phone you should be able to select the resolution of your photos.  Set a lower resolution for your photos and try to post again.  If still too much, lower the settings again.

Dave

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07 March, 2022, 09:01:15 »
 With reference to re-sizing photos.. Paint it onto a phone ... Do you use oils, water colours or wallop ?  To some of us wrinkleys pfaffing about with such things is mind bending. My granddaughter once showed me what ot do but a week later I'd forgotten. How about this system automatically re-sizes photos automatically as all the other sites I use do.. Perhaps some bright spark might be able to enable this onto our site. ?   Lets se as some of the elder members might just have some interesting things to post and liven up the site....   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

berniej

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07 March, 2022, 09:30:10 »
@web admins - might be interesting to see if this mod works with 2.0.17...?

https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=2206

Cheers,
Bernie
'49 M21/B31 hybrid
'56 M21 combination
B40 Super Star
A50CC project

Mike Farmer

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07 March, 2022, 14:45:15 »
 :) :) :) :)

The sizing and resolution are not a problem. The problem to me is moving it from my fone to the post without going through a "middle" process. As things stand. I have to take and size the pic. Then send it to my confuser. Then place it in the correct file etc. Then call it up from the archive when I wish to post it.

I just wish to be able to call it up from my fone direct to my post..

Simples

Mike 8) 8) 8)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07 March, 2022, 16:05:28 »
Hi,

Still not dead easy but can you connect your phone to your computer with USB?  Your computer should then see phone as an external drive and you can select the photo from there or can you access the internet on your phone and log in to the Forum on it

Dave.

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07 March, 2022, 16:33:49 »
Or email the photo from your phone to yourself so it's on your pc?

berniej

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07 March, 2022, 17:05:10 »
An SMF upgrade might be able to assist.... new features in 2.1 include drag and drop attachements.
If this could be combined with a function to auto-resize (when required) on upload then it might make the process quite a bit simpler?

Cheers,
Bernie
'49 M21/B31 hybrid
'56 M21 combination
B40 Super Star
A50CC project