Author Topic: Another moan....Sorry  (Read 523 times)

Kent Shaun

• Star
    • View Profile
Another moan....Sorry
« on: 05 February, 2022, 14:14:32 »
OK I KNOW the Belgium's haven't sent a proper flyer into the Editor of the Star, BUT Shirley we could just have had the dates of the John Bull in the events calendar....?   

Then I find that the International booking form is all in Euros, and worse of all they want you to book via their website, what happened to the good old, cut out the page and post away your cheque...?

If there's one thing I hate, that's being forced to use a poxy computer.... >:(

Sod this modern World and all this *Its so much more easy*  IF I wanted to be all 'Modern' I wouldn't be riding BSA's would I.... ???

OK that's me lot, I'm off to fill me Primus with Paraffin and cook a bacon sarnie.... ;D
« Last Edit: 05 February, 2022, 14:49:25 by LEO »

A65ROCKET

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: Another moan....Sorry
« Reply #1 on: 05 February, 2022, 15:25:54 »
Shaun, the dates and confirmation of the John Bull were  delayed, and it can take 2 months to get info into the star if things get submitted at a late time
The booking form for the international is in on the web page together with an explanation of the online booking requirements if you want accommodation
Also, I have talked about this on this forum to keep people up to date.
The old days of paper forms is not used by all international clubs, and has moved to online booking (especially Australia)
For up to date information, the website or forums has to be used to get updated information to people, the Star is too slow
Andy (international rally secretary)

Kent Shaun

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05 February, 2022, 15:39:24 »
OK Thanks for that Andy, I've tried to fill out the form on the BSA Belgium club's site, got meself in a state and buggered it all up. So much so that I've decided to call it a day, so I'll be doing something else that week. It would also mean I'd have to go to the bank to sort out the ISBN payment, yet another pain I can do without....No worries lad, I'm touring around the Pyrenees a couple of weeks before the International anyway, so most likely could do with a rest, have a great Rally. I WILL be at the Bull though that's for sure.... ;D
« Last Edit: 06 February, 2022, 01:22:23 by LEO »

A65ROCKET

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 February, 2022, 17:44:20 »
Shaun,
if you were thinking of camping at the Rally, which I assume you were, you can book through me, and pay in Sterling.
Also, paying to international accounts, you don't have to go to a bank, you can do it online or on your phones app.
Andy

Kent Shaun

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06 February, 2022, 08:40:37 »
Andy, thanks but I've made me mind up....By the way, yes indeed you can most likely pay using phones and apps, but ONLY if you do On line banking. I try my best to keep people in employment, and go to speak to actual human beings. Yesterday I took my Guzzi for MOT, on the way there I saw TWO banks shut up, gone for good. Wonder how many jobs that has lost... :(

If I went to the Rally I'd be an outcast anyway, it was to be a rest week from two weeks touring the Pyrenees on my Enfield, I would've just sneaked in and sat in the corner. So best I don't attend anyway. See you at the John Bull, don't worry I'll be on my A10 there.... ;)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06 February, 2022, 14:18:49 »
Hi Shaun,

We will miss you.

Another thing I have noticed on the booking form is that in the case of refunds being needed they are asking for a PayPal account number.  Surely if payment is made by bank transfer then refunds can be done the same way?

Dave.

Editor

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08 February, 2022, 16:34:25 »
Shaun, sorry to hear you're giving the International a miss due to the issue with the form. Re the form, I'm partly to blame for the cock up as I was sent two different forms to publish and I assumed they were the same and published the wrong one.
We are putting the correct one in the March edition, plus a flyer for the John Bull. Regarding putting the John Bull in the calendar of events, it got left out because a) I think no-one new the date when it was compiled and b) you will see it is crammed full of UK Branch events and with the best will in the world they take priority, so space was at a premium.
However, I have taken your very valid points into consideration and will try to do better next year. BTW, if you do get to the John Bull, tell them not to forget the flyer for The Star, in print version as opposed to digital, next year.

All the best
Chris

Kent Shaun

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 February, 2022, 14:53:12 »
Chris, I WILL be at the Bull worry not, and I'll also get a flyer and I'll send it to you. I always try to get the flyer if there is one, as it's extremely difficult for me to book the time off work. If I can get the date in asap, I stand a better chance of going. For example, I had to book the New Zealand rally off THREE years in advance, its a bloody joke. Just four more years till I'm free, skint maybe, but FREE..... ;D

Editor

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11 February, 2022, 10:41:10 »
Thanks Shaun,
Ah! retirement, you cant beat it!!