Author Topic: Handlebar Advice please  (Read 146 times)

Matt Brighton

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Handlebar Advice please
« on: 11 May, 2022, 10:45:05 »
Hi

My 1962 RGS Replica has the clip on's which following some surgery to my neck are hard work - and I don't want to fit  touring spec bars - i prefer the clip on look.

I am considering getting the standard bars turned upsidown  - which it seems from period adverts some were supplied from factory as a compromise between the full on clip ons and the touring spec.

Can anyone offer any advice on making the change ? It really to make the bike easier to manouver and handle at standstill as once im in the saddle its fine -just pushing it around the workshop and getting on and off and on the centre stand  I am hoping the extra leverage of the wider bars will make life a bit easier until my strength returns

Thanks in advance of any suggestions / comments

Matt
« Last Edit: 11 May, 2022, 10:58:06 by Matt Brighton »

idie

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Handlebar Advice please
« Reply #1 on: 11 May, 2022, 12:43:41 »
I think you will find that with the bars upside down it will strain your wrists because of the angle of the bars. I would have thought that any low bars will strain your neck as you will be looking up all the time. I would fit standard bars in the interim until your neck heals the more upright riding position would help this. At the end of the day it's your bike and your body so the decision of course is yours.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Handlebar Advice please
« Reply #2 on: 11 May, 2022, 13:15:13 »
Hi Matt,

Have you considered 'ACE' bars?  They can be fitted either way up.

Dave.
« Last Edit: 11 May, 2022, 13:20:35 by DAVE BRADY »