Author Topic: Bsa b31 history  (Read 351 times)

Laker

• Star
    • View Profile
Bsa b31 history
« on: 02 January, 2022, 14:20:20 »
Hope someone can shine some light on an emotive subject.I recently became aware through my uncle that my father used to own a BSA B31 which then was passed on to my uncle.unfortunately neither are still with us and I am without any details on the bike is there any way of tracing back from a known owner to a specific machine.Any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks

idie

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: Bsa b31 history
« Reply #1 on: 02 January, 2022, 16:30:12 »
I think the short answer is no! Even the DVLA has only records back to 1983. Most records were ordered to be destroyed. Some councils ignored this but you would still need a reg number to even start looking. This would only give you an original date of registration. Good luck with your search.

Calum

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02 January, 2022, 20:05:19 »
How long ago are we talking? I would think the only way would be through any club(s) or friends who knew them and the bike. I assume you know the registration mark?

Laker

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 January, 2022, 09:20:57 »
Thanks I am pretty much clutching at straws,maybe I will just take a look at some b31's and make some room in the garage for a new addition.Many thanks

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 January, 2022, 10:16:33 »
Hi Laker,

Some people still have the old buff and green logbooks that had details of several previous owners written in them.  It is possible that the bike you are looking for is out there and the old logbook is with it.  If you are prepared to give the names of your father and uncle then B31 owners could have a look.
The logbook would also have the address but I would suggest not giving this but using that information to clarify that any reply is genuine.
Good luck.

Dave.

Laker

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 January, 2022, 18:27:57 »
If anyone has the old logbook the names would be firstly Frank Laker from about 1947 to the mid fifties shortly followed by Ronald Laker in essex/outer London as I say it's a long shot as the reg number is not known.Any info on bike ownership of any model would be greatly appreciated.

Rog1

• Silver Star
  • M33 Plunger and teles.
    • View Profile
    • The North Bucks Wanderer
« Reply #6 on: 12 January, 2022, 18:33:22 »
Are there any family photos with the bike, perhaps just in the background when photos were taken in the garden? You might be able to get a reg. number.