Author Topic: A10 golden flash  (Read 337 times)

Foggy

• Star
    • View Profile
A10 golden flash
« on: 08 December, 2021, 17:28:39 »
Hi all i'm new to the forum, A little about myself, i'm 49 been riding bikes for 30 years i don't drive a car some people have called me a dying breed, and got my first bsa in June this year its a golden flash, it was not very good in the looks department as some one painted it in black gloss even the wheels, a lot of the bike was covered in grease and i knew had some work to do, i did not want to do a restoration but it came along at the right price so i took it on and its not been easy so far some parts have been hard to find and i have even made some parts my self, the bike is going to keep me busy over Xmas and i hope to have it finished by may fingers crossed.
« Last Edit: 08 December, 2021, 18:06:11 by Foggy »

berniej

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
Re: A10 golden flash
« Reply #1 on: 08 December, 2021, 17:37:48 »
Looking very nice - did you have the cycle parts painted or powder coated?
Keep us posted with progress.

Cheers,
Bernie
'49 M21/B31 hybrid
'56 M21 combination
B40 Super Star
A50CC project

EDDIE SIMPSON

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 December, 2021, 21:03:34 »
your plunger project looks very complete to me. you have the air box which is the hardest to find part.
it needs certainly needs some chrome. petrol tank and wheel rims i think.

Foggy

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 December, 2021, 21:12:37 »
Berniej the frame and the forks have been powder coated but the rest of the bike will be painted

Eddie Simpson i do have the air box i'm finding it harder to find a rear mudguard, the petrol tank will be black only and most of the bolt's and what ever i can find will be stainless steel.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 December, 2021, 07:41:57 »
Hi Foggy,

Welcome to the Forum and BSA ownership.  It is good to see a 'youngster' getting involved and I hope have or will join the BSAOC and along to some BSAOC events.

Dave.

EDDIE SIMPSON

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 December, 2021, 20:40:47 »
hi foggy. good luck with your project. i think the rear mudguard is salvageable. somebody has used huge rivets for metal support but a good craftsman could cut and shape the area around the hinge a lot better and save that rear mudguard. how is your mig welding?
if you have the engine bare in the frame check there is a copper pipe fitted from the breather. i run a hose to the back lhs plunger to stop those annoying oil drips out of the breather.

Foggy

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 December, 2021, 20:14:03 »
Thanks Eddie the mudguard sadly is not as good as it looked the rust as eaten into it very badly, the only thing that was holding it together was the paint, i'm a welder by trade and it fix it would have been a nightmare so i gave it to a friend who will use some it to fix his one, last time i spoke to him he said only 30% was any good.
I did buy a mudguard and its to small and i don't even know what bsa it's off, it is new old stock as they say no hole have been drilled in it.

Thanks the tip about the breather pipe i did have to remove the engine again after fitting just for that pipe.
As a noob to this i found out about that after the install of the engine.
« Last Edit: 13 December, 2021, 20:17:20 by Foggy »