Author Topic: Re: Yer Tiz new BSA  (Read 733 times)

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: 03 December, 2021, 13:34:28 by Bess »

Willie Dee

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Yer Tiz new BSA
« Reply #1 on: 03 December, 2021, 16:08:12 »
I like the look of it but how much and who are the dealers etc etc. Might shoot off down to find out more.

Dean Southall

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 03 December, 2021, 16:13:05 »
I prefer the one on the left. It looks leaner and more purposeful
 ;)
BSA: turning ordinary men into mechanics since 1910

Ian C

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03 December, 2021, 17:21:00 »
I wish them every success with this bike, but I wouldn't consider one..although if they launched a modern take on the Victor I might be seriously tempted!!

Mike Farmer

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2021, 20:34:22 »
 :) :)

If its really as good as it looks then thats a lot of bike. Shame is I cant ride any longer. But I can drool. Is the full spec due release tomo

Mike 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

griffo

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04 December, 2021, 08:37:09 »
Like the initial look , specially the chrome and silver model. Just the tail looks a bit out of place.. I like a well shaped rear....   Griff
Safe riding saves pinch marks on the seat...

bikerbob

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04 December, 2021, 10:10:46 »
All things considered I think they have done a good job at producing a modern version of a BSA  it all depends now on price performance and reliability. It has come too late for me to consider buying one as I will be 80 years old before I could really get one and antway I get just as much pleasure now working on my A7 and A65 as riding them.

Bess

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04 December, 2021, 10:44:50 »
Hi,
    Found the specs:

BEESY

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 December, 2021, 13:26:54 »
I like it, I'd be interested to see one I the flesh and  I'd be interested to see what the price point is.

I do wonder about resurrecting old brands though. I wonder how many people who like 'original' BSAs would care for a modern machine, and vice versa, those who are in the market for a new bike will be that bothered about an ancient brand.

Ian C

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 04 December, 2021, 13:34:59 »
A video of Ashish Joshi giving more information of the new bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg3jBQuwes8

« Last Edit: 04 December, 2021, 13:37:26 by Ian C »

B Murphy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 04 December, 2021, 16:54:11 »
I went through this dilemma a few years ago when I bought a new Royal Enfield. The Bullet was a good bike but it just didn't fill the gap if you know what I mean, so I sold it and got a 1950 B31 which I'm content with and much happier.

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 December, 2021, 19:22:16 »
to be honest, a trick was missed when Kawasaki bought out the W650.
https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesocial/reviews/bikes/kawasaki/kawasaki-w650-1999-2006-review-used-buying-guide

I think the W still looks better and probably better made than the new one. to me it looks like a small Harley, oversize drainpipe for an exhaust looks very similar to the Harley shotguns Ive just sold and they were  not as big around

Pete Gill

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05 December, 2021, 10:09:23 »
I think a new 650 single is a great development for this rebrand. Yes its not a ‘real’ BSA but Triumph owners went through this angst with the launch of the heritage Bonneville models 20 years ago.
It looks like a nice bike and if it goes and handles well and has modern reliability and service it will fill a gap in the market.
I for one wouldn’t want a 650 twin ( I have enough of them already ) but a 650 single perhaps so. Probably really easy to service too.

Editor

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 07 December, 2021, 13:13:34 »
All I will say is wait until you see one in the flesh before making up your mind about it, I guarantee you'll be gobsmacked! Read my write up in the January edition of The Star for the full story.

When judging it by the fat downpipe, catalytic converter, ABS, etc, remember that it has all the emmissions and safety regs/ Euro cat?? to meet and that limits what they can do.

Regarding the price think around the RE 650 Interceptor prices.

I personally like the way they have styled it around the original DBD 34 paying homage to the shapes of the timing chest, gearbox, pushrod tower and primary chaincase on the nearside. Unlike the Enfield where the timing case on the nearside looks weird to me. 

The target market is like me and many others who have our BSA Classics but also have a Hinckley Bonnie/W800/RE Interceptor for daily/winter use. The Gold Star would beat all these hands down in my humble opinion.

As soon as they are available I will be getting a test ride and if, as I expect, I like it, my 2007 T100 Bonnie will be making way for one!

BILL NELSON

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 07 December, 2021, 18:17:08 »
I agree 100% with Editor Chris.
Don't miss out, get your bids in now for Laurie, my Hinckley Sprint GT  ;D