Author Topic: E10 - Any feedback  (Read 1052 times)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: E10 - Any feedback
« Reply #15 on: 15 November, 2021, 15:27:41 »
Hi,

I went out again today with the timing a bit retarded.  Again two up and the same route which includes a reasonably steep although short hill.  Both today and yesterday I attacked it in third gear and today it pulled up a bit better with the bit of retard.
I have noit experienced and problems with starting on either A65.
One is a fairly standard 650 Thunderbolt and runs then same on E5 or E10 without any change to the timing.
The other is a long stroke 750 Thunderbolt and does seem to have benefited from the tweak to the timing.  Next time out I will put some E5 Super unleaded in it for direct comparison.  I have used it before and the bikes do run a bit better but it also useful to know how they will go when only E10 is available.
It would be great if someone could put a couple of bikes on a 'dyno' to get some definitive answers to our questions.

Dave.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 November, 2021, 16:20:26 »
Hi,

So with some E5 Super Unleaded and the slightly retarded ignition timing and not really any different to E10.  I advanced the timing a bit and it was better.  I think I will go back to my original timing and perhaps try lifting the needle a notch to see if a slightly richer mixture will help.

Dave. 

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 11 December, 2021, 19:30:32 »