Author Topic: Taps for oil feed line  (Read 1448 times)

Pete A10

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Taps for oil feed line
« Reply #30 on: 22 November, 2021, 18:42:08 »
Decision time!  stop asking the same questions over and over again.
« Last Edit: 23 November, 2021, 00:47:31 by LEO »

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 November, 2021, 18:47:24 »
Okay, fair point, firmly made. You're right of course.  Phil

Pete A10

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22 November, 2021, 19:39:40 »
Wet sumping is a pain to deal with, but my thinkingís is that we actually donít use these machines as they were originally designed to be used. We are talking about engines designed in the 1950s which were intended to be used day in day out as transport. They never got time to wet sump to any great degree as they were always in use. Now that we only use them as a hobby they tend to stand for weeks or months without running and the non-return valve is not designed for that kind of constant use. Whilst we all would love these 70 year old machines to perform in line with modern specifications itís not going to happen and we have to compromise/modify as best we can.
Good luck with your decision - I would fit the valve and then monitor it to make sure it is not blocking.

EDDIE SIMPSON

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 November, 2021, 21:04:52 »
wet sumping is a smokey design misfunction but having an air lock between a tap and the oil pump is much worse. seized pistons.
not tried this myself yet but i ve read total seal oil rings will cut the smoking and a spigot and oil pipe to the oil tank[ filler cap] or to a catch bottle will stop polluting the driveway.