Author Topic: Waiting for a V5  (Read 260 times)

MOONSDRIFT

• Star
    • View Profile
Waiting for a V5
« on: 21 October, 2021, 10:29:57 »
How long should I wait for DVLA to send a V5, I purchased the bike at the beginning of June, the original V5 was sent straight in, I have emails at the beginning of August & September - but nothing.

Is it normal to wait 20 weeks + for a V5?

Thanks
Mark

Stubaker58

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: Waiting for a V5
« Reply #1 on: 21 October, 2021, 10:35:38 »
Iíd get in touch with them, that sounds too long jus5 to change the owner details on a V5.  If you were trying to re-register a bike it might be different.

B Murphy

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 October, 2021, 14:09:38 »
Took three weeks to get mine. 

chaz

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 October, 2021, 17:35:41 »
I did a PX , my Triumph chop for a Suzuki bandit 600 on 3rd Oct. on the 18th I received the V5c for the Bandit, on the 19th I received a second V5c also for the Bandit, on the 20th I received acknowledgement of the sale of the Triumph.

As I wanted to Sorn the BAndit, I had to ring them up to see which one to use. apparently seller submitted change of ownership on line , then sent the hard copy in. This generated two V5c's

AdrianS

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23 October, 2021, 16:51:31 »
I recently part ex a modern Triumph for another one -  new v5 came in just over a week.

Pete Gill

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 28 October, 2021, 09:49:11 »
I bought a bike a while ago and forgot to chase up the V5.
After about 6 months I hadnít received it. I phoned DVLA and they said it had been sent weeks ago. I hadnít received it and must be Ďlost in the postí.
I had to pay for a replacement that arrived within a week!

Pete

TTJOHN

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 November, 2021, 08:31:17 »
I think that during the pandemic, a lot of the DVLA were working from home and still think a lot of the staff are, so things are naturally a bit slow and some get misplaced, not very often but as long as you have the part of the V5 so that you can get the vehicle taxed etc, the log book should get to you sometime.

TTJohn