Author Topic: D7 seat pan  (Read 194 times)

will59

• Star
    • View Profile
D7 seat pan
« on: 02 November, 2021, 11:00:56 »
Hello bantam land, I am currently restoring a 1960 D7 which is missing the seat and was looking for an original seat pan if possible so it can be recovered in original grey vinyl, or maybe using a new repro one if the quality is good. Could anyone help with a spare or advise where to find a decent new item that fits correctly. I live in Humberston Ne lincs so finding something local would be ideal
Regards Paul

AdrianS

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: D7 seat pan
« Reply #1 on: 04 November, 2021, 15:57:51 »
Seat pans do deteriorate and rust so the chance of finding a good pan unless itís been restored with a seat covering is small.
Some of the repro ones fit well but my experience has been that the foam is overfilled and often doesnít reproduce the shape of the original.
Leightons in Birmingham do seat restoration and supply foams and covers. I think it would be worth giving them a ring on the off chance they can help you with a base.

will59

• Star
    • View Profile
Re: D7 seat pan
« Reply #2 on: 05 November, 2021, 17:54:54 »
thanks for the reply Adrian, I have recently spoken to Leightons seats and they have told me they can repair old pans and recover to original spec/colour but cannot supply new seat pans or complete new seats at present. The new seats I have seen for sale all seem to be black with BSA logo in gold across the back which I believe is wrong for 1960, my model is Nutley blue
 and so would have the grey seat
Regards
Paul