Author Topic: BSA sidecar or not ?  (Read 1023 times)

arturro

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
BSA sidecar or not ?
« on: 25 November, 2020, 14:17:03 »
Hello
I'm kindly asking about my sidecar . Have anybody idea is thi a BSA sidecar?   
Sidecar have aluminium body wind screan an was fitted with my BSA W34-7 from 1934, but not looks like body and chassis BSA sidecar I will be grateful for any feedback.

Best regards Artur

arturro

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: BSA sidecar or not ?
« Reply #1 on: 25 November, 2020, 14:19:55 »
next one

Y13 Alan G

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29 December, 2020, 14:09:52 »
Hi Artur, All pre-war BSA sidecar chassis were of "A"frame construction NOT square or oblong. Also BSA sidecar chassis were fitted with  fittings that fitted straight into the tapers/fittings on the bike, so no extra fittings were required. Also to the best of my knowledge BSA sidecars were all steel bodied, although I have come across BSA sidecars that have been re-skinned in aluminium because the steel has rotted away. The shape of your sidecar is similar to a pre-war BSA sidecar but the front of the passenger compartment would be a regular curve if it was a BSA and not pointed. Sorry if this is bad news. Regards Alan

arturro

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29 December, 2020, 22:59:49 »
Dear Alan
Thank you for your opinion. I agree that BSA chassis was in "A" frame . My BSA left (based on factory records) without sidecar. So sidecar was fitted to bike lately or price for this sidecar was less than factory sidecar dn was sold by dealer to customer.

Stay safe for All.
Best regards Artur