Author Topic: Racks  (Read 473 times)

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Racks
« on: 09 July, 2021, 17:45:18 »
I guess a good way of saving space in a garage is a set of free standing racks. I might get one that I can assemble and then disassemble when I eventually move house. Any recommendations/ suggestions?  Phil

Pete A10

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Racks
« Reply #1 on: 09 July, 2021, 20:56:47 »
The other thing I use is make shadow boards with small hooks to hang up all my spannerís on the wall. It saves having to having tool boxes. Keeps your stuff organised and is it easy to see when youíve left something on the floor

Phil C

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 July, 2021, 16:23:40 »
Looking at racking units online, they all seem to be sold to assembly using a mallet, and I think once assembled can't be taken to bits again. I'd prefer one that I can take to bits again if necessary, so I guess bolt together. Does anybody know of any?      Phil

Pete A10

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 July, 2021, 17:19:17 »
Go on the B&Q website, they have a few different ones - look under shelf units

Richard Mills

• Blue Star
  • B33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 July, 2021, 17:21:42 »
Years ago I bought second hand Dexion shelving from a local supplier who, presumably, sourced from factories and warehouses that were closing down. They are very robust and take heavy loads. May well be similar firms round your way.

Pete A10

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 July, 2021, 17:23:42 »
There are also loads on ebay

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 July, 2021, 18:18:47 »
Hi,

Argos also have some that knock together with a mallet or a clenched fist.  They can take a good weight per shelf and can be dismantled by knocking them up as to opposed to down for assembly.  The only thing to watch for is the shelf material.  MDF is not very strong and will sag quite easily but some come with chipboard and they are a lot stronger.

Dave.