Author Topic: 59th BSA Rally in Belgium date/location  (Read 2979 times)

A65ROCKET

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
Re: 59th BSA Rally in Belgium date/location
« Reply #15 on: 18 June, 2022, 16:06:32 »
3 Weeks to go!!!
route to the campsite;
from E42 exit 7 Theux - Polleur
          follow the BSA signs
from E25 exit 43 Beaufays,
          follow N30 direction Beaufays 1km
          then N62 direction Spa 16km
          BSA signs from Theux
Due to road works, the passage from the centre of Polleur to N640 is completely closed!!

A65ROCKET

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01 July, 2022, 22:58:06 »
If you are transporting your BSA on either a trailer or van and are traveling into France from the UK, then you 'may' be sugject to custom charges.
There is this French form you can fill in which declares that your bike is on a holiday and not being imported.
Hopefully it works
https://entreprendre.service-public.fr/vosdroits/R47284?lang=en
Also, I don't know what regulations are in place for entering the EU via the Netherlands or Belgium
Andy

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 05 July, 2022, 20:12:49 »
Hi,

Well it is finally here.  Anyone going to the Belgium Inter., have a good trip and we can catch up over the week.  We are going a couple of days early and stopping over half way so a couple of short riding days ahead of us.
Wednesday is the cheapest for the ferry so we thought better to pay a campsite for a couple of nights than give more money to P&O.
Quite few of the regulars are not going to be there for various reasons so we must compensate when the singing starts and give a good account of ourselves.

Dave.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 July, 2022, 15:38:41 »
Hi,

"The best laid plans of mice and men....."
Our idea of a Maudes Trophy Homage was thwarted on a couple of fronts.
Covid and heat.
During the rally we started to feel a bit off and noticed several people with a bit of a cough.  We put it down to the dust on the campsite and the heat.  After the rally and fixing my kickstart we decided to have a 'lay up' to see if we improved but to no avail
With the ever increasing heat and the threat of wildfires in areas we would be heading for we decided to cut our losses and head home.  Riding in 38º to 42º was not enjoyable so with Covid confirmed on getting a test at home our trip was over.

Anyone who was at the rally should take a test as I suspect that several people were acting as spreaders.  Perhaps Andy can use contact details to reinforce the message for those not on this Forum.

Dave.

Admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 July, 2022, 17:24:45 »
Hello Dave

Sorry that your trip has been cut short. You did look somewhat under the weather on Saturday morning. If its any consolation I felt somewhat similar on the Monday of our return, we thought like yourselves, it was the result of the dust, heat and in our case the claustrophobic atmosphere of the euro tunnel. A covid test proved to be positive. Like you I suspect there are many other cases.

However, it has not diminished our enjoyment of the rally.

Hope you are both feeling better soon.

Rob Jones

TTJOHN

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21 July, 2022, 10:48:50 »
Hi,

Well it is finally here.  Anyone going to the Belgium Inter., have a good trip and we can catch up over the week.  We are going a couple of days early and stopping over half way so a couple of short riding days ahead of us.
Wednesday is the cheapest for the ferry so we thought better to pay a campsite for a couple of nights than give more money to P&O.
Quite few of the regulars are not going to be there for various reasons so we must compensate when the singing starts and give a good account of ourselves.

Dave.

Sorry to hear that you got the lurgy Dave and that you had to cut your planned route short. I went home with Ray Jackson, who stayed with us in Whitstable for a couple of nights.
I also tested when I got up on Sunday morning and was glad to see I was clear, I guess the rum helped keep it at bay. A very good, well organised rally, Many thanks to the Belgium team organizers, for doing a terrific job..

TTJohn
Hi,

"The best laid plans of mice and men....."
Our idea of a Maudes Trophy Homage was thwarted on a couple of fronts.
Covid and heat.
During the rally we started to feel a bit off and noticed several people with a bit of a cough.  We put it down to the dust on the campsite and the heat.  After the rally and fixing my kickstart we decided to have a 'lay up' to see if we improved but to no avail
With the ever increasing heat and the threat of wildfires in areas we would be heading for we decided to cut our losses and head home.  Riding in 38º to 42º was not enjoyable so with Covid confirmed on getting a test at home our trip was over.

Anyone who was at the rally should take a test as I suspect that several people were acting as spreaders.  Perhaps Andy can use contact details to reinforce the message for those not on this Forum.

Dave.

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 27 July, 2022, 11:09:39 »
Hi,

Both tested clear today so now we will have to think about another trip to compensate. At least we can get out and about again.

Dave.