Author Topic: Electronic ignition for B44 Victor Special  (Read 350 times)

nickdun

• Star
    • View Profile
Electronic ignition for B44 Victor Special
« on: 24 February, 2021, 12:19:01 »

Hi all,
As you can see (if you can see past my shocking lockdown hair) my Victor Special is in it's final stages.  I haven't decided on what would be a good choice for an electronic ignition kit.  Any recommendations?

I thought I'd use the original zener diode and selenium rectifier for now as they both function correctly.  Inevitably I'll replace them with electronic items though.

Thanks

Nick
« Last Edit: 24 February, 2021, 12:26:09 by nickdun »

BEESY

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
Re: Electronic ignition for B44 Victor Special
« Reply #1 on: 25 February, 2021, 07:57:07 »
I used the Wassel one on my Starfire and I think its brilliant. Robustly made, all incased in resin. Decent connectors.I think it's a quality item. Easy to fit, I've had it 6 years and haven't touched it since I fitted it, starts 1st or second kick hot or cold.

Good price too, I think they are about 80. You can view the fitting instructions online somewhere but it's no different to setting normal points really.

nickdun

• Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25 February, 2021, 11:19:48 »
Thanks

DON GRAY

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25 February, 2021, 16:59:22 »
Hi Nick. I fitted the Eletrexworld ignition & alternator kit to mine & am very pleased with it. (I didn't use the AC lighting output for the lighting as it was rubbish, so I powered the lights from a small 4 a/h battery) My bike didn't come with an alternator or reg / rectifer, so it worked out more cost effective to go that route rather than getting the bits separately. If you already have those components, it'd be worth carrying on using them & just upgrade what you need to. My pal has fitted a Wassel system to his Triton & the quality looks good - made by a reputable company in Europe I believe. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Mike40M

• Royal Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 February, 2021, 22:04:23 »
My B44 Victor Special is still happy with everything original. The B40WD came with a Boyer Mk 4, which works well. I've fitted it with a rectifier/regulator and a MC2 replacement from Paul Goff. Starts easily with or without battery.