Author Topic: German International  (Read 751 times)

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
German International
« on: 27 March, 2021, 10:31:35 »
Good morning,

With the very unpredictable and increasingly dire situation in the EU re Covid-19 is not time that the 2021 International was cancelled in order to give some certainty as to what is happening.  Perhaps there have been discussions between the International Reps. that we are not privvy to but it is not time to make a decision?
I can see that it is very disheartening for the German Club to see the likelihood of the Rally going ahead disappearing as time goes by.
Surely now is the time to regroup and for the currently vacant Summer Camp slot to be taken up by them in 2023 rather than waiting until maybe 2027.   
I am sure that we all want to go to a German event but the stress and uncertainty must be taking its toll so rather than and event that is likely to be poorly attended lets look forward to a successful and vibrant event in 2023.

Dave.

idie

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
Re: German International
« Reply #1 on: 27 March, 2021, 11:35:33 »
I agree. On looking at the worsening situation in europe plus the EUs love of us have made those of us in the Branch that were going to reluctantly give it a miss this year.

Ian C

• Silver Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 27 March, 2021, 13:04:41 »
As far as I'm aware Dave, the 2023 Summercamp will be in the Netherlands, but perhaps Andy will confirm this.

A65ROCKET

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 27 March, 2021, 13:30:42 »
The 2023 summer camp is scheduled for the Netherlands,

DAVE BRADY

• Golden Flash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 27 March, 2021, 14:07:53 »
Hi,

The list I found still had 2023 as vacant.  However, under the circumstances surely there can be some flexibility so that as the German Inter. is likely to be cancelled they would still get a chance for an International gathering.  The last German Rally was 2011 with next available date as 2027.  The Netherlands last Rally was 2017 with the next one scheduled 2029.  Under the circumstances it just seems fair to offer the German Club the Summer Camp date if they wanted it.

Dave.

A65ROCKET

• Blue Star
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 29 March, 2021, 15:27:18 »
I have asked the German club about Summer Camps / moving the rally.
This is their answer.
Remember that each countries BSA club is an independent club.
Note: Refunds of your rally money is very good, but you also would need to think about your ferry refund, and maybe pay extra to allow yourselves a refundable crossing.
Andy

The "big question" occurred in this group. I had a look into my crystal ball and saw "Not in the office, due to lockdown".
It is no option, to postpone to next year, as the Belgian Club will have their Rally in 2022.
Also, later this year would mean to make a lot of new contracts and who knows if the THING is over in September ?
We decided to carry on until two weeks before the Rally-date. If government-rules then say "no" we will cancel, otherwise it will be a Rally for only a small group, when I look at the booking-nos.
The decision is up to you.
Germans are allowed to fly to Mallorca over the Easter days.
If in summer there will be restrictions to have holidays inside this country, there will be rebellion.